Avenged Sevenfold Thinking of Split After Drummer's Death
The members of rock group Avenged Sevenfold were left so devastated by the death of drummer Jimmy Sullivan in December, they were sure the band would split in the days after the tragedy. The rocker was found dead in his home and his bandmates felt sure they couldn't go on without him.
Guitarist Synyster Gates tells British magazine Kerrang, "We were all ready to quit for the first week after (the death). There was no way we could imagine being in a band anymore. But, quickly, that went away because your logic comes back to you. You start to realize that, had it been you, you would have shuddered at the thought of the rest of the guys not continuing."
Gates admits Sullivan's family members helped the bandmates make the right decision: "His family said, 'You guys have to keep going'. We had support from everybody, so that made it a lot easier."
Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy has stepped in to temporarily replace Sullivan, aka The Rev, and he'll perform with Avenged Sevenfold on the group's 2010 tour.
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala
- Heidi Klum Gets Completely Naked in New Photography Book