Avenged Sevenfold Thinking of Split After Drummer's Death
The members of rock group Avenged Sevenfold were left so devastated by the death of drummer Jimmy Sullivan in December, they were sure the band would split in the days after the tragedy. The rocker was found dead in his home and his bandmates felt sure they couldn't go on without him.
Guitarist Synyster Gates tells British magazine Kerrang, "We were all ready to quit for the first week after (the death). There was no way we could imagine being in a band anymore. But, quickly, that went away because your logic comes back to you. You start to realize that, had it been you, you would have shuddered at the thought of the rest of the guys not continuing."
Gates admits Sullivan's family members helped the bandmates make the right decision: "His family said, 'You guys have to keep going'. We had support from everybody, so that made it a lot easier."
Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy has stepped in to temporarily replace Sullivan, aka The Rev, and he'll perform with Avenged Sevenfold on the group's 2010 tour.
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Linkin Park's Frontman Chester Bennington Commits Suicide at 41
- Hulu Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Marvel's Runaways', 'Mindy Project' and More
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'