Courtney Love Calls Twitter 'Stupid' and Quit It
Courtney Love has turned her back on Twitter.com after becoming addicted to the "stupid" social networking site. The Hole rocker, who has battled substance abuse in the past, has frequently turned to her Twitter.com blog to give fans minute-by-minute updates on her thoughts and feelings.
She has even used the website to blast peers like Billy Corgan and ex-boyfriend Edward Norton. But Love claims she has now quit the celebrity trend. She tells MTV's Buzzworthy, "I've stopped twittering. It's mind crack and it's stupid." Love's last tweet was posted on Monday, May 17.
The rocker isn't the first one-time Twitter-loving celebrity, who has chosen not to 'tweet' - Miley Cyrus and John Mayer have both turned their backs on the social networking site.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress