Bret Michaels Begged to God for Second Chance
Rocker Bret Michaels turned to God and prayed for help when he feared he wouldn't survive after suffering a near-fatal brain hemorrhage last month. The Poison frontman was rushed to hospital in Phoenix, Arizona on April 21 with bleeding on the brain, just days after enduring complications following an appendectomy.
Doctors later discovered Michaels suffered a life-threatening side-effect of the condition called hyponatremia - a lack of sodium in the body that can lead to seizures. He spent days in intensive care and doctors feared he would never recover - but he has stunned medics with his recovery, and is expected to regain full health after undergoing further treatment in rehab.
But Michaels, who thought he had been "shot in the head" when the hemorrhage occurred, admits he spent every day praying to a higher power, begging for a second chance at life. In a TV interview with Oprah Winfrey - his first since the health scare, Michaels says, "(I said to God), 'You gotta let me live through this. I've done a lot of rotten things. I'm asking for a break here.'"
The episode of Oprah aired in the U.S. on Wednesday afternoon, May 19.
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?