Bret Michaels Begged to God for Second Chance
Rocker Bret Michaels turned to God and prayed for help when he feared he wouldn't survive after suffering a near-fatal brain hemorrhage last month. The Poison frontman was rushed to hospital in Phoenix, Arizona on April 21 with bleeding on the brain, just days after enduring complications following an appendectomy.
Doctors later discovered Michaels suffered a life-threatening side-effect of the condition called hyponatremia - a lack of sodium in the body that can lead to seizures. He spent days in intensive care and doctors feared he would never recover - but he has stunned medics with his recovery, and is expected to regain full health after undergoing further treatment in rehab.
But Michaels, who thought he had been "shot in the head" when the hemorrhage occurred, admits he spent every day praying to a higher power, begging for a second chance at life. In a TV interview with Oprah Winfrey - his first since the health scare, Michaels says, "(I said to God), 'You gotta let me live through this. I've done a lot of rotten things. I'm asking for a break here.'"
The episode of Oprah aired in the U.S. on Wednesday afternoon, May 19.
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts