Bret Michaels Begged to God for Second Chance
Rocker Bret Michaels turned to God and prayed for help when he feared he wouldn't survive after suffering a near-fatal brain hemorrhage last month. The Poison frontman was rushed to hospital in Phoenix, Arizona on April 21 with bleeding on the brain, just days after enduring complications following an appendectomy.
Doctors later discovered Michaels suffered a life-threatening side-effect of the condition called hyponatremia - a lack of sodium in the body that can lead to seizures. He spent days in intensive care and doctors feared he would never recover - but he has stunned medics with his recovery, and is expected to regain full health after undergoing further treatment in rehab.
But Michaels, who thought he had been "shot in the head" when the hemorrhage occurred, admits he spent every day praying to a higher power, begging for a second chance at life. In a TV interview with Oprah Winfrey - his first since the health scare, Michaels says, "(I said to God), 'You gotta let me live through this. I've done a lot of rotten things. I'm asking for a break here.'"
The episode of Oprah aired in the U.S. on Wednesday afternoon, May 19.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story