Olsen Twins Sold Penthouse They Never Used
Actresses Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen have finally sold a luxurious New York penthouse they never moved into - six years after they purchased it. The twins, 23, splashed out $7.3 million on the five bedroom property in 2004 shortly after enrolling at New York University.
But the stars both dropped out of studies at the prestigious school and decided to put the penthouse, in Manhattan's West Village, up for sale with an initial price tag of $9.45 million. The asking price was raised to almost $12 million a year later. The girls' estate agents managed to offload the property for close to its latest listing of $8.45 million, reports the New York Post.
"It is a trophy home in a sought-after building in the most blue-chip neighborhood in Manhattan," says Prudential Douglas Elliman's Seth Levin. "This penthouse is asking $1,475 a square foot which is slightly more than the average asking price of $1,450 a square foot in the building. That makes this a pretty good offering considering the size and expansive views. It's still not the boom days of 2007 for the Manhattan luxury market, but it's definitely [proof] of a nice comeback after the tough year and a half."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video