Olsen Twins Sold Penthouse They Never Used
Actresses Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen have finally sold a luxurious New York penthouse they never moved into - six years after they purchased it. The twins, 23, splashed out $7.3 million on the five bedroom property in 2004 shortly after enrolling at New York University.
But the stars both dropped out of studies at the prestigious school and decided to put the penthouse, in Manhattan's West Village, up for sale with an initial price tag of $9.45 million. The asking price was raised to almost $12 million a year later. The girls' estate agents managed to offload the property for close to its latest listing of $8.45 million, reports the New York Post.
"It is a trophy home in a sought-after building in the most blue-chip neighborhood in Manhattan," says Prudential Douglas Elliman's Seth Levin. "This penthouse is asking $1,475 a square foot which is slightly more than the average asking price of $1,450 a square foot in the building. That makes this a pretty good offering considering the size and expansive views. It's still not the boom days of 2007 for the Manhattan luxury market, but it's definitely [proof] of a nice comeback after the tough year and a half."
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber