Olsen Twins Sold Penthouse They Never Used
Actresses Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen have finally sold a luxurious New York penthouse they never moved into - six years after they purchased it. The twins, 23, splashed out $7.3 million on the five bedroom property in 2004 shortly after enrolling at New York University.
But the stars both dropped out of studies at the prestigious school and decided to put the penthouse, in Manhattan's West Village, up for sale with an initial price tag of $9.45 million. The asking price was raised to almost $12 million a year later. The girls' estate agents managed to offload the property for close to its latest listing of $8.45 million, reports the New York Post.
"It is a trophy home in a sought-after building in the most blue-chip neighborhood in Manhattan," says Prudential Douglas Elliman's Seth Levin. "This penthouse is asking $1,475 a square foot which is slightly more than the average asking price of $1,450 a square foot in the building. That makes this a pretty good offering considering the size and expansive views. It's still not the boom days of 2007 for the Manhattan luxury market, but it's definitely [proof] of a nice comeback after the tough year and a half."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says