Olsen Twins Sold Penthouse They Never Used
Actresses Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen have finally sold a luxurious New York penthouse they never moved into - six years after they purchased it. The twins, 23, splashed out $7.3 million on the five bedroom property in 2004 shortly after enrolling at New York University.
But the stars both dropped out of studies at the prestigious school and decided to put the penthouse, in Manhattan's West Village, up for sale with an initial price tag of $9.45 million. The asking price was raised to almost $12 million a year later. The girls' estate agents managed to offload the property for close to its latest listing of $8.45 million, reports the New York Post.
"It is a trophy home in a sought-after building in the most blue-chip neighborhood in Manhattan," says Prudential Douglas Elliman's Seth Levin. "This penthouse is asking $1,475 a square foot which is slightly more than the average asking price of $1,450 a square foot in the building. That makes this a pretty good offering considering the size and expansive views. It's still not the boom days of 2007 for the Manhattan luxury market, but it's definitely [proof] of a nice comeback after the tough year and a half."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard