Olsen Twins Sold Penthouse They Never Used
Actresses Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen have finally sold a luxurious New York penthouse they never moved into - six years after they purchased it. The twins, 23, splashed out $7.3 million on the five bedroom property in 2004 shortly after enrolling at New York University.
But the stars both dropped out of studies at the prestigious school and decided to put the penthouse, in Manhattan's West Village, up for sale with an initial price tag of $9.45 million. The asking price was raised to almost $12 million a year later. The girls' estate agents managed to offload the property for close to its latest listing of $8.45 million, reports the New York Post.
"It is a trophy home in a sought-after building in the most blue-chip neighborhood in Manhattan," says Prudential Douglas Elliman's Seth Levin. "This penthouse is asking $1,475 a square foot which is slightly more than the average asking price of $1,450 a square foot in the building. That makes this a pretty good offering considering the size and expansive views. It's still not the boom days of 2007 for the Manhattan luxury market, but it's definitely [proof] of a nice comeback after the tough year and a half."
More Mary-Kate Olsen News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris