Lindsay Lohan Accused of Losing Passport to Skip Hearing
Lindsay Lohan will be a no-show for her important probation hearing in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 20 after losing her passport in Cannes, France. The "Mean Girls" star must appear before Judge Marsha Revel at Beverly Hills Courthouse amid reports she has failed to complete court-ordered alcohol education classes stemming from a 2007 arrest.
Judge Revel has confirmed she will issue a warrant for Lohan's arrest if she fails to appear - and the actress appears to be stranded in Europe after her papers were stolen at the Cannes Film Festival. Lohan took an ill-advised trip to France last week to attend the festival. Reports suggest the desperate actress attempted to check in for a flight to Los Angeles without proper identification on Tuesday - but was turned away by airport staff.
She has now reached out to the U.S. Embassy and has scheduled an appointment with officials for Thursday morning to help replace the documentation - but the meeting will come too late for Lohan to make it back in time for her court hearing.
Her lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley confirms to TMZ.com, "I was on the phone with Lindsay's assistant the entire night and we're doing everything we can to resolve this issue and get her back to L.A. Lindsay is distraught because it was her intention to get back to L.A. today to do more alcohol education classes today and appear in court tomorrow."
The news comes just a day after Lohan was praised as a model student in her alcohol education classes after a shaky start. In documents submitted to court for the probation hearing, Cherie Marshall, the director of the Right On Programs, writes, "In the beginning, she struggled with consistency and punctuality in attending her scheduled activities... (Now) her attitude is positive and receptive to ideas regarding lifestyle changes."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera