Chris O'Donnell Turned Down Major Movie Roles for Family
Chris O'Donnell decided to turn his back on his rising Hollywood career so he could concentrate on getting married and starting a family. The actor catapulted into the spotlight when he starred opposite Val Kilmer as Robin in 1995's "Batman Forever".
But O'Donnell, who was 25 at the time, decided to turn down major movie roles because he didn't want to get too famous. And he's pleased he slowed down the workload, because he has a happy marriage to his wife of 13 years, Caroline, and the pair now has five children together - 10-year-old Lily Anne, nine-year-old Christopher, six-year-old Charles, Finley, four, and two-year-old Maeve.
He says, "I was being offered these huge films that would have taken my career to a different level, and I decided to put on the brakes. I knew if I continued on that track, I probably wouldn't have gotten married."
And despite the hard work, O'Donnell is relishing his fatherhood role: "Maeve starts crying at 6.45am and (Caroline and I) start kicking each other under the sheets: 'Maeve is crying. Get her.' Or you'll do that fake pretend sleep, where as soon as the other person gets up, you'll say, 'Oh, are you going to get her? I'll stay here then. I didn't even hear her'."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly