Mindy McCready Wants to Take Son Back From Grandmother
Troubled country star Mindy McCready is launching a legal bid to regain custody of her four-year-old son. McCready's mother, Gayle, won custody of Zander in 2007 after a fight with the singer over her drink and drugs demons.
It came just two years after the youngster's father, Billy McKnight, was charged with attempted murder and served 30 days in jail in 2005 following claims he beat and choked the singer. The case was later dismissed. But now McCready wants her son back and is heading to a Florida court on Wednesday afternoon , May 19 to reopen the custody case.
Her lawyer, Jim Moon, tells E! News that McCready has finally beaten her addictions thanks in part to a stint on U.S. show "Celebrity Rehab" last year - and reality TV doctor Drew Pinsky has even written her a glowing personal reference. Moon says, "We wanted there to be no question that this case should be reopened and she should be reunited with her son. She needed to undergo a drug and alcohol evaluation, she needed to undergo a psychological assessment to make sure she was a competent parent, she needed to undergo codependency counseling... Everything she's passed with flying colors."
"Naturally, I want Zander to go home with Mindy. Do I anticipate that's going to happen tomorrow? Probably not. In all likelihood, she'll be granted a month's worth of unsupervised visits and overnight visits."
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?