Mindy McCready Wants to Take Son Back From Grandmother
Troubled country star Mindy McCready is launching a legal bid to regain custody of her four-year-old son. McCready's mother, Gayle, won custody of Zander in 2007 after a fight with the singer over her drink and drugs demons.
It came just two years after the youngster's father, Billy McKnight, was charged with attempted murder and served 30 days in jail in 2005 following claims he beat and choked the singer. The case was later dismissed. But now McCready wants her son back and is heading to a Florida court on Wednesday afternoon , May 19 to reopen the custody case.
Her lawyer, Jim Moon, tells E! News that McCready has finally beaten her addictions thanks in part to a stint on U.S. show "Celebrity Rehab" last year - and reality TV doctor Drew Pinsky has even written her a glowing personal reference. Moon says, "We wanted there to be no question that this case should be reopened and she should be reunited with her son. She needed to undergo a drug and alcohol evaluation, she needed to undergo a psychological assessment to make sure she was a competent parent, she needed to undergo codependency counseling... Everything she's passed with flying colors."
"Naturally, I want Zander to go home with Mindy. Do I anticipate that's going to happen tomorrow? Probably not. In all likelihood, she'll be granted a month's worth of unsupervised visits and overnight visits."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special