Lindsay Lohan Prefers Jail Time to Rehab, Her Father Says
Lindsay Lohan's father is convinced the troubled actress would prefer jail time to rehab - and that's why she has jetted to the Cannes Film Festival in France just days before her probation hearing in Los Angeles. The "Mean Girls" star is due to appear before Judge Marsha Revel at Beverly Hills Courthouse and, according to reports, hasn't completed court-ordered alcohol education classes, as per the terms of her probation. The punishment stems from an incident in 2007 when she pleaded guilty to cocaine use and no contest to drink-driving and reckless driving charges.
As a result, Lohan could face a jail spell for testing the law, and her estranged father is convinced that's just what she wants. He tells X17online.com, "She thinks that three days in jail is better than 60 days in rehab and she's sadly mistaken. Lindsay doesn't realize how horrible it is to be in jail for one, two, three days or longer. It's something that would stick with her for the rest of her life and she doesn't need any more torment."
His lawyer Lisa Bloom adds, "The last time Lindsay went to jail, it was only for 84 minutes, so she probably feels that if she gets jail time, it will be for a short period of time. If she thinks that, she's playing with fire. I hope she's back (from Cannes) in time. She's known all along that this hearing was coming up. Unfortunately, Lindsay decided to risk going to Europe... When you have a court date, come hell or high water, you be there."
"If she fails to show up for Thursday's hearing, it's almost certain she'll be going to jail. She needs to show respect for the courts and let the judge know that she'll be attending her classes. Showing up on Thursday is absolutely critical."
Reports suggest if the actress does not show up for court, a warrant for her arrest will be issued.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding