Chely Wright Billed to Sing at GLAAD Awards
Country singer Chely Wright will make her first big splash as a gay star since 'coming out' recently by performing at the The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards in San Francisco, California next month.
The "Single White Female" singer will join Sam Sparro on the bill at the annual prizegiving, which will honor Cybill Shepherd and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" director Lee Daniels. Actress Shepherd will receive the Golden Gate Award and Daniels will receive the Davidson/Valentini Award at the 21st annual GLAAD Media Awards.
Shepherd's honor will be a family affair - her daughters Clementine Ford and Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim will present mum with her award, which is presented to media professionals who, through their work, have "increased the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie