Chely Wright Billed to Sing at GLAAD Awards
Country singer Chely Wright will make her first big splash as a gay star since 'coming out' recently by performing at the The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards in San Francisco, California next month.
The "Single White Female" singer will join Sam Sparro on the bill at the annual prizegiving, which will honor Cybill Shepherd and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" director Lee Daniels. Actress Shepherd will receive the Golden Gate Award and Daniels will receive the Davidson/Valentini Award at the 21st annual GLAAD Media Awards.
Shepherd's honor will be a family affair - her daughters Clementine Ford and Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim will present mum with her award, which is presented to media professionals who, through their work, have "increased the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community".
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce