Chely Wright Billed to Sing at GLAAD Awards
Country singer Chely Wright will make her first big splash as a gay star since 'coming out' recently by performing at the The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards in San Francisco, California next month.
The "Single White Female" singer will join Sam Sparro on the bill at the annual prizegiving, which will honor Cybill Shepherd and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" director Lee Daniels. Actress Shepherd will receive the Golden Gate Award and Daniels will receive the Davidson/Valentini Award at the 21st annual GLAAD Media Awards.
Shepherd's honor will be a family affair - her daughters Clementine Ford and Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim will present mum with her award, which is presented to media professionals who, through their work, have "increased the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community".
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris