Chely Wright Billed to Sing at GLAAD Awards
Country singer Chely Wright will make her first big splash as a gay star since 'coming out' recently by performing at the The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards in San Francisco, California next month.
The "Single White Female" singer will join Sam Sparro on the bill at the annual prizegiving, which will honor Cybill Shepherd and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" director Lee Daniels. Actress Shepherd will receive the Golden Gate Award and Daniels will receive the Davidson/Valentini Award at the 21st annual GLAAD Media Awards.
Shepherd's honor will be a family affair - her daughters Clementine Ford and Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim will present mum with her award, which is presented to media professionals who, through their work, have "increased the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community".
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama