Chely Wright Billed to Sing at GLAAD Awards
Country singer Chely Wright will make her first big splash as a gay star since 'coming out' recently by performing at the The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards in San Francisco, California next month.
The "Single White Female" singer will join Sam Sparro on the bill at the annual prizegiving, which will honor Cybill Shepherd and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" director Lee Daniels. Actress Shepherd will receive the Golden Gate Award and Daniels will receive the Davidson/Valentini Award at the 21st annual GLAAD Media Awards.
Shepherd's honor will be a family affair - her daughters Clementine Ford and Ariel Shepherd-Oppenheim will present mum with her award, which is presented to media professionals who, through their work, have "increased the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community".
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS