Sarah Jessica Parker Skips Broadway for Twins
Actress Sarah Jessica Parker is putting off plans to return to Broadway to focus on motherhood - because she can't bear to miss putting her young children to bed. The "Sex and the City" star, 45, first appeared on the New York stage at the age of 11, in a revival of William Archibald's play "The Innocents", before going on to land a role in a 1977 production of the musical "Annie".
Parker performed on Broadway twice more in the 1990s and she admits she's yearning to head back to the stage - but only when her son James Wilkie, seven, and twins Tabitha and Marion, 10 months, are old enough to fend for themselves. She tells EOnline.com, "As soon as my children are old enough to put themselves to bed. It's very hard for me to be away at night. It's hard to miss that time."
"They still like me. There's going to be a point where they won't want me anywhere near the house. That's when I'll come begging, 'Please, please let me have some stage work.'"
Parker's husband, actor Matthew Broderick, has indulged in his love of Broadway in recent years - he wrapped his last stage stint in "The Philanthropist" last summer.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed