Sarah Jessica Parker Skips Broadway for Twins
Actress Sarah Jessica Parker is putting off plans to return to Broadway to focus on motherhood - because she can't bear to miss putting her young children to bed. The "Sex and the City" star, 45, first appeared on the New York stage at the age of 11, in a revival of William Archibald's play "The Innocents", before going on to land a role in a 1977 production of the musical "Annie".
Parker performed on Broadway twice more in the 1990s and she admits she's yearning to head back to the stage - but only when her son James Wilkie, seven, and twins Tabitha and Marion, 10 months, are old enough to fend for themselves. She tells EOnline.com, "As soon as my children are old enough to put themselves to bed. It's very hard for me to be away at night. It's hard to miss that time."
"They still like me. There's going to be a point where they won't want me anywhere near the house. That's when I'll come begging, 'Please, please let me have some stage work.'"
Parker's husband, actor Matthew Broderick, has indulged in his love of Broadway in recent years - he wrapped his last stage stint in "The Philanthropist" last summer.
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'