Sarah Jessica Parker Skips Broadway for Twins
Actress Sarah Jessica Parker is putting off plans to return to Broadway to focus on motherhood - because she can't bear to miss putting her young children to bed. The "Sex and the City" star, 45, first appeared on the New York stage at the age of 11, in a revival of William Archibald's play "The Innocents", before going on to land a role in a 1977 production of the musical "Annie".
Parker performed on Broadway twice more in the 1990s and she admits she's yearning to head back to the stage - but only when her son James Wilkie, seven, and twins Tabitha and Marion, 10 months, are old enough to fend for themselves. She tells EOnline.com, "As soon as my children are old enough to put themselves to bed. It's very hard for me to be away at night. It's hard to miss that time."
"They still like me. There's going to be a point where they won't want me anywhere near the house. That's when I'll come begging, 'Please, please let me have some stage work.'"
Parker's husband, actor Matthew Broderick, has indulged in his love of Broadway in recent years - he wrapped his last stage stint in "The Philanthropist" last summer.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?