Sarah Jessica Parker Skips Broadway for Twins
Actress Sarah Jessica Parker is putting off plans to return to Broadway to focus on motherhood - because she can't bear to miss putting her young children to bed. The "Sex and the City" star, 45, first appeared on the New York stage at the age of 11, in a revival of William Archibald's play "The Innocents", before going on to land a role in a 1977 production of the musical "Annie".
Parker performed on Broadway twice more in the 1990s and she admits she's yearning to head back to the stage - but only when her son James Wilkie, seven, and twins Tabitha and Marion, 10 months, are old enough to fend for themselves. She tells EOnline.com, "As soon as my children are old enough to put themselves to bed. It's very hard for me to be away at night. It's hard to miss that time."
"They still like me. There's going to be a point where they won't want me anywhere near the house. That's when I'll come begging, 'Please, please let me have some stage work.'"
Parker's husband, actor Matthew Broderick, has indulged in his love of Broadway in recent years - he wrapped his last stage stint in "The Philanthropist" last summer.
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson