Lady GaGa Helped Greyson Chance Landing Record Deal
Lady GaGa was so impressed by a pre-teen internet sensation who wowed her with a rendition of her hit song "Paparazzi", she has helped to land the boy a deal with her record label. Twelve-year-old Greyson Chance was invited onto Ellen DeGeneres' daytime talk show last Thursday, May 13 after impressing over eight million YouTube.com watchers with home video footage of his church talent show cover of GaGa's hit.
The pop star surprised the youngster when she called into the show and revealed she'd seen the clip. Calling her protege "sweet and talented", she added, "I'm so excited that you covered Paparazzi... Just keep following your dreams and work really hard and stay away from girls."
GaGa has gone one step further by putting Chance in touch with her bosses at Interscope Records - and now he's set to make his official pop debut. Chance's sister Alexa has confirmed the deal, but admits they have been forced to keep the details secret. She tells the New York Post: "He signed (with Interscope) but the managers said we really couldn't talk about it."
And the newcomer doesn't just have GaGa backing him - according to the newspaper, officials at Chance's school in Edmond, Oklahoma have been referring all calls about him to his new representative, Madonna's manager Guy Oseary. Representatives for Gaga, Interscope and Oseary had not responded to requests for a comment as WENN went to press.
More Lady GaGa News
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass