Dizzee Rascal Not Interested in Bling
British rapper Dizzee Rascal isn't interested in flashy jewelery - he's baffled by hip-hop stars who spend fortunes on bling. The "Bonkers" hitmaker refuses to sport the elaborate jewels his rap contemporaries favor, and can't understand why stars wear such expensive accessories that they have to hire security to ensure they don't get robbed.
He tells Britain's Heat magazine, "I'm not as into that as most people would expect from a rapper. I haven't got a 20 grand (thousand) chain hanging around my neck.... (My) chain probably cost a couple of grand and I bought it seven years ago. Wearing 20 grand round your neck is kind of asking to be (robbed)."
"Some rappers have 60 or 70 grand chains and then have to hire security to follow them round. What's that for anyway? I'm not about to try and sell a lifestyle to people. My music is about a lot of the good fun stuff that everyone can embrace."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake