Dizzee Rascal Not Interested in Bling
British rapper Dizzee Rascal isn't interested in flashy jewelery - he's baffled by hip-hop stars who spend fortunes on bling. The "Bonkers" hitmaker refuses to sport the elaborate jewels his rap contemporaries favor, and can't understand why stars wear such expensive accessories that they have to hire security to ensure they don't get robbed.
He tells Britain's Heat magazine, "I'm not as into that as most people would expect from a rapper. I haven't got a 20 grand (thousand) chain hanging around my neck.... (My) chain probably cost a couple of grand and I bought it seven years ago. Wearing 20 grand round your neck is kind of asking to be (robbed)."
"Some rappers have 60 or 70 grand chains and then have to hire security to follow them round. What's that for anyway? I'm not about to try and sell a lifestyle to people. My music is about a lot of the good fun stuff that everyone can embrace."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked