Dizzee Rascal Not Interested in Bling
British rapper Dizzee Rascal isn't interested in flashy jewelery - he's baffled by hip-hop stars who spend fortunes on bling. The "Bonkers" hitmaker refuses to sport the elaborate jewels his rap contemporaries favor, and can't understand why stars wear such expensive accessories that they have to hire security to ensure they don't get robbed.
He tells Britain's Heat magazine, "I'm not as into that as most people would expect from a rapper. I haven't got a 20 grand (thousand) chain hanging around my neck.... (My) chain probably cost a couple of grand and I bought it seven years ago. Wearing 20 grand round your neck is kind of asking to be (robbed)."
"Some rappers have 60 or 70 grand chains and then have to hire security to follow them round. What's that for anyway? I'm not about to try and sell a lifestyle to people. My music is about a lot of the good fun stuff that everyone can embrace."
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio