Dizzee Rascal Not Interested in Bling
British rapper Dizzee Rascal isn't interested in flashy jewelery - he's baffled by hip-hop stars who spend fortunes on bling. The "Bonkers" hitmaker refuses to sport the elaborate jewels his rap contemporaries favor, and can't understand why stars wear such expensive accessories that they have to hire security to ensure they don't get robbed.
He tells Britain's Heat magazine, "I'm not as into that as most people would expect from a rapper. I haven't got a 20 grand (thousand) chain hanging around my neck.... (My) chain probably cost a couple of grand and I bought it seven years ago. Wearing 20 grand round your neck is kind of asking to be (robbed)."
"Some rappers have 60 or 70 grand chains and then have to hire security to follow them round. What's that for anyway? I'm not about to try and sell a lifestyle to people. My music is about a lot of the good fun stuff that everyone can embrace."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season