Dizzee Rascal Not Interested in Bling
British rapper Dizzee Rascal isn't interested in flashy jewelery - he's baffled by hip-hop stars who spend fortunes on bling. The "Bonkers" hitmaker refuses to sport the elaborate jewels his rap contemporaries favor, and can't understand why stars wear such expensive accessories that they have to hire security to ensure they don't get robbed.
He tells Britain's Heat magazine, "I'm not as into that as most people would expect from a rapper. I haven't got a 20 grand (thousand) chain hanging around my neck.... (My) chain probably cost a couple of grand and I bought it seven years ago. Wearing 20 grand round your neck is kind of asking to be (robbed)."
"Some rappers have 60 or 70 grand chains and then have to hire security to follow them round. What's that for anyway? I'm not about to try and sell a lifestyle to people. My music is about a lot of the good fun stuff that everyone can embrace."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch