Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in Airplane Mix-Up
Mary-Kate Olsen was surprised at reports she got caught up in a mid-air drama on Sunday, May 16 - it was her twin sister Ashley Olsen on the stricken plane. Initial reports of the incident stated that former child star Mary-Kate was traveling on a flight from New York to Los Angeles when a blaze broke out at the front of the aircraft, cracking the windshield and forcing the pilots to make an emergency landing in Virginia.
But it has now emerged the twins were a victim of mistaken identity by other passengers - it was Ashley Olsen on the plane, with her actor boyfriend Justin Bartha.
A representative for the Olsens has confirmed Ashley was on the flight and was unharmed in the incident.
More Mary-Kate Olsen News
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image