Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in Airplane Mix-Up
Mary-Kate Olsen was surprised at reports she got caught up in a mid-air drama on Sunday, May 16 - it was her twin sister Ashley Olsen on the stricken plane. Initial reports of the incident stated that former child star Mary-Kate was traveling on a flight from New York to Los Angeles when a blaze broke out at the front of the aircraft, cracking the windshield and forcing the pilots to make an emergency landing in Virginia.
But it has now emerged the twins were a victim of mistaken identity by other passengers - it was Ashley Olsen on the plane, with her actor boyfriend Justin Bartha.
A representative for the Olsens has confirmed Ashley was on the flight and was unharmed in the incident.
More Mary-Kate Olsen News
- Comic-Con: New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Brings Back Elektra as Villain
- Kylie Jenner Is Afraid Tyga Will Release Their Intimate Videos 'Out of Spite'
- Royal Tantrum! Princess Charlotte Cries and Refuses to Board Helicopter in Hamburg
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!
- Comic-Con: 'The Gifted' Debuts New Mutant-Filled Trailer, Confirms No Crossover With 'X-Men'