'Twilight' Director Catherine Hardwicke Talks About Pay Dispute
"Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke has waded into the alleged pay dispute which threatens to delay the final installment of the movie franchise, insisting the film's supporting cast "probably do" deserve a wage increase. The film series' leads, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, are receiving multi-million dollar pay cheques for the final movie, "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn", which will be split into two pictures.
But stars like Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz are reportedly in negotiations to land better salaries for the film. Summit Entertainment movie executives are keen to prevent a deadlock from causing delays, and sources claim the film bosses are willing to recast some of the supporting roles if appropriate salary deals can't be reached.
And Hardwicke, who directed the first installment of the franchise, admits it "breaks" her heart to hear of the "complicated" pay dispute, as she's sure the young stars have little say over the alleged wage demands. She tells USMagazine.com, "Ashley and Kellan have agents, managers, lawyers... you get all of these outside influences telling you you should hold out for this much because you're such an important part of the franchise."
"Possibly, Ashley and Kellan might not even be all that involved. They have all the other people telling them things and a lot of stuff can get mishandled. There's so many possible misunderstandings. It breaks my heart. It could turn ugly. Do (these actors) deserve more money? Probably they do, on one level. But, if everybody makes so much money then... it's complicated. What a mess!"
Shooting on the two "Breaking Dawn" films is slated to begin in the autumn. The movies will be shot back-to-back, ahead of possible releases in November 2011 and summer 2012.
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List