Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith Were Involved in 'Ferocious Fight'
Movie couple Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith fought over their actor son Jaden Smith's tough work schedule on the set of "The Karate Kid" remake - because mum was convinced the 11 year old was too young for the extremes his dad had planned. Will is the producer of the film and set his son a tough schedule of work-outs and filming, while Jada felt Jaden needed a break.
The "I Am Legend" star insists the whole project was akin to teaching his son to hunt - while his worried mum watched from afar on set in China. In a family chat on U.S. TV show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday, May 17, Jada said, "I learned why, in African tribes, men would come to the village and remove their sons to initiate them into manhood, because, as a mother, it is an excruciating thing to watch... That mother instinct kicks in."
"It was a ferocious fight... I was like, 'My priority is Jaden'. It's a balance. I told Will, 'I understand that there's certain things you are trying to put in, but, at the end of the day, he's 11. We just had to find a nice balance. I'm telling you he's a different child from his experience in China."
In trying to explain his motives for working his son hard, Will added, "We've been having this passionate debate. I feel like greatness lives on the edge of destruction... The reason why someone is great is because they survived death."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie