Terrence Howard to Step In as Marvin Gaye
Terrence Howard is in talks to portray tragic soul legend Marvin Gaye in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's biopic after Will Smith rejected the role. The "I Am Legend "star pulled out of negotiations in April after months of discussions with Crowe, and the filmmaker was forced to start his search for a leading man all over again.
"Crash" actor Howard has now put himself forward to take on the project - but admits he's hesitant about taking on such an iconic role. He tells Deadline.com, "Nothing's been signed on paper yet. Everybody who loves music will hate me if I get this one wrong." Crowe has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years.
Behind the music success, Gaye was abusing drugs that led to his bad health and depression. He moved back to his parents' house at around his 40s and was accidentally killed by a gun his father held.
More Terrence Howard News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding