Terrence Howard to Step In as Marvin Gaye
Terrence Howard is in talks to portray tragic soul legend Marvin Gaye in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's biopic after Will Smith rejected the role. The "I Am Legend "star pulled out of negotiations in April after months of discussions with Crowe, and the filmmaker was forced to start his search for a leading man all over again.
"Crash" actor Howard has now put himself forward to take on the project - but admits he's hesitant about taking on such an iconic role. He tells Deadline.com, "Nothing's been signed on paper yet. Everybody who loves music will hate me if I get this one wrong." Crowe has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years.
Behind the music success, Gaye was abusing drugs that led to his bad health and depression. He moved back to his parents' house at around his 40s and was accidentally killed by a gun his father held.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers