Terrence Howard to Step In as Marvin Gaye
Terrence Howard is in talks to portray tragic soul legend Marvin Gaye in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's biopic after Will Smith rejected the role. The "I Am Legend "star pulled out of negotiations in April after months of discussions with Crowe, and the filmmaker was forced to start his search for a leading man all over again.
"Crash" actor Howard has now put himself forward to take on the project - but admits he's hesitant about taking on such an iconic role. He tells Deadline.com, "Nothing's been signed on paper yet. Everybody who loves music will hate me if I get this one wrong." Crowe has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years.
Behind the music success, Gaye was abusing drugs that led to his bad health and depression. He moved back to his parents' house at around his 40s and was accidentally killed by a gun his father held.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'