Terrence Howard to Step In as Marvin Gaye
Terrence Howard is in talks to portray tragic soul legend Marvin Gaye in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's biopic after Will Smith rejected the role. The "I Am Legend "star pulled out of negotiations in April after months of discussions with Crowe, and the filmmaker was forced to start his search for a leading man all over again.
"Crash" actor Howard has now put himself forward to take on the project - but admits he's hesitant about taking on such an iconic role. He tells Deadline.com, "Nothing's been signed on paper yet. Everybody who loves music will hate me if I get this one wrong." Crowe has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years.
Behind the music success, Gaye was abusing drugs that led to his bad health and depression. He moved back to his parents' house at around his 40s and was accidentally killed by a gun his father held.
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage