Terrence Howard to Step In as Marvin Gaye
Terrence Howard is in talks to portray tragic soul legend Marvin Gaye in moviemaker Cameron Crowe's biopic after Will Smith rejected the role. The "I Am Legend "star pulled out of negotiations in April after months of discussions with Crowe, and the filmmaker was forced to start his search for a leading man all over again.
"Crash" actor Howard has now put himself forward to take on the project - but admits he's hesitant about taking on such an iconic role. He tells Deadline.com, "Nothing's been signed on paper yet. Everybody who loves music will hate me if I get this one wrong." Crowe has been trying to get the project off the ground for four years.
Behind the music success, Gaye was abusing drugs that led to his bad health and depression. He moved back to his parents' house at around his 40s and was accidentally killed by a gun his father held.
More Terrence Howard News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors