VH1 to Drop a Sneak Peek to Bret Michaels' Reality Show
Recovering rocker Bret Michaels is sealing his comeback by returning to work on his new documentary series to give fans an insight into his home life when he isn't touring. The Poison frontman was forced to put his solo tour on hold and halt production on VH1 series "Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It" after he suffered a near-fatal brain hemorrhage last month.
Michaels was discharged from hospital on May 5 and has been undergoing rehabilitation sessions twice daily to prepare for his return to the stage in Mississippi on May 28. And now the singer has announced plans to give devotees a sneak preview of the series - which will feature daughters Raine and Jorja and their mother, Kristi Gibson - during a half-hour U.S. special on May 31, before its planned premiere this autumn.
Network executive Jeff Olde confirms: "If anyone can fight off illness and get back on his feet, it's Bret. But in the meantime, in response to the flood of well wishes the network has received from Bret's fans, we'd like to celebrate Bret's recovery with this sneak-peek special featuring the next chapter in Bret's story on VH1."
The VH1 show is the latest in a string of comebacks for the star - who recently confirmed he will compete in the live finale of Donald Trump's U.S. TV series "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Sunday, May 23, despite his health setbacks. He is also due to open up about the ordeal in an interview with TV titan Oprah Winfrey on Wednesday, May 19.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder