VH1 to Drop a Sneak Peek to Bret Michaels' Reality Show
Recovering rocker Bret Michaels is sealing his comeback by returning to work on his new documentary series to give fans an insight into his home life when he isn't touring. The Poison frontman was forced to put his solo tour on hold and halt production on VH1 series "Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It" after he suffered a near-fatal brain hemorrhage last month.
Michaels was discharged from hospital on May 5 and has been undergoing rehabilitation sessions twice daily to prepare for his return to the stage in Mississippi on May 28. And now the singer has announced plans to give devotees a sneak preview of the series - which will feature daughters Raine and Jorja and their mother, Kristi Gibson - during a half-hour U.S. special on May 31, before its planned premiere this autumn.
Network executive Jeff Olde confirms: "If anyone can fight off illness and get back on his feet, it's Bret. But in the meantime, in response to the flood of well wishes the network has received from Bret's fans, we'd like to celebrate Bret's recovery with this sneak-peek special featuring the next chapter in Bret's story on VH1."
The VH1 show is the latest in a string of comebacks for the star - who recently confirmed he will compete in the live finale of Donald Trump's U.S. TV series "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Sunday, May 23, despite his health setbacks. He is also due to open up about the ordeal in an interview with TV titan Oprah Winfrey on Wednesday, May 19.
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement