Bon Jovi Looking for Aspiring Bands as Opening Act
Bon Jovi are offering aspiring musicians a once-in-a-lifetime shot at fame - they're giving up-and-coming bands the chance to open for the rock icons when they take to the stage in London this summer. The "Livin' on a Prayer" hitmakers will perform a 12-date residency at the O2 Arena next month and they want new talent to warm up for them on their five opening dates.
Applicants have been invited to upload content about their band online at OpenForBonJovi.com. The information will then be judged by a panel of industry experts, including Bon Jovi's management company, to determine the five finalists.
A post on the website reads: "If you are in a band, looking for a break - then this is as good as it gets... We are looking for 5 fresh and promising new bands to fill the opening nights at The O2 arena... Start uploading videos and content which proves that you're good enough to open for Bon Jovi." Entrants have until May 31 to take part in the competition.
Bon Jovi kick off their O2 residency on June 7 and will be supported by Kid Rock and OneRepublic on their remaining London dates.
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image