Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Receive Top Honors at Broadway Awards
Denzel Washington and Viola Davis have been lauded for their performances in new Broadway play "Fences" after taking the top acting honors at the Outer Critics Circle Awards. The stars proved they are a force to be reckoned with on the stage and screen when they were named Outstanding Actor and Actress in a Play on Monday, May 17. "Fences" was also hailed as the best Outstanding Revival of a Play.
Catherine Zeta-Jones was praised for her role in "A Little Night Music", sharing the Outstanding Actress in a Musical title with "Memphis" star Montego Glover. Glover's accolade helped to take the hit musical's total wins to four prizes - tying with Kelsey Grammer's "La Cage aux Folles", which landed the Outstanding Revival of a Musical award, while the show's other star Douglas Hodge triumphed as Outstanding Actor in a Musical.
Former "Star Wars" actress Carrie Fisher was also smiling when the winners were unveiled on Monday - her one-woman play "Wishful Drinking" scooped her the Outstanding Solo Performance prize. The awards will be presented to the stars at a ceremony in New York on May 27.
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top