Brad Paisley Donates $100,000 to Nashville Flood Relief Effort
Brad Paisley kicked off a charity telethon for flood-ravaged Nashville, Tennessee by making a massive $100,000 donation to fund relief efforts. The country star was one of several celebrities who volunteered to take part in the Great American Country network's Music City Keep on Playin' - A Benefit for Flood Relief TV fundraiser on Sunday, May 16.
He sang his track "Welcome to the Future", before announcing, "I think it's time to start things off with a donation. We're going to donate $100,000." He then turned to his wife Kimberly Williams Paisley, the event's co-host, and asked, "Is that OK?" - and she agreed.
Sheryl Crow, Kellie Pickler, Lady Antebellum and Keith Urban also performed, and were seen manning the telephone boards to accept donations from callers. The stars raised approximately $1.5 million for Nashville, which was hit by severe storms earlier this month. The Associated Press reports 2,000 homes were destroyed or damaged.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3