Brad Paisley Donates $100,000 to Nashville Flood Relief Effort
Brad Paisley kicked off a charity telethon for flood-ravaged Nashville, Tennessee by making a massive $100,000 donation to fund relief efforts. The country star was one of several celebrities who volunteered to take part in the Great American Country network's Music City Keep on Playin' - A Benefit for Flood Relief TV fundraiser on Sunday, May 16.
He sang his track "Welcome to the Future", before announcing, "I think it's time to start things off with a donation. We're going to donate $100,000." He then turned to his wife Kimberly Williams Paisley, the event's co-host, and asked, "Is that OK?" - and she agreed.
Sheryl Crow, Kellie Pickler, Lady Antebellum and Keith Urban also performed, and were seen manning the telephone boards to accept donations from callers. The stars raised approximately $1.5 million for Nashville, which was hit by severe storms earlier this month. The Associated Press reports 2,000 homes were destroyed or damaged.
More Brad Paisley News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!