John Travolta's Dogs Killed in Airport
Tragedy has struck John Travolta and his family again - the actor's pet dogs have been killed in a freak airport disaster in Maine. According to local reports a service vehicle at Bangor International Airport struck and killed the dogs, while they were being walked after the Travoltas landed there early on Thursday, May 13.
A statement from city officials reads, "At approximately 1am on Thursday, May 13, 2010 an airplane carrying members of the John Travolta family landed at BIA. While there, two small dogs were taken for a walk by someone who is not a family member. An airport service pickup truck was approaching the airplane to service the airplane and did not see the dogs. Unfortunately, the dogs were struck and killed. The airport is investigating the accident."
Airport director Rebecca Hupp tells the Bangor Daily News, "This is an unfortunate accident. Our deepest sympathies are with the family." The tragedy comes 16 months after Travolta and his actress wife Kelly Preston lost their teenage son Jett, who died after suffering a seizure at the family home in the Bahamas.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer