John Travolta's Dogs Killed in Airport
Tragedy has struck John Travolta and his family again - the actor's pet dogs have been killed in a freak airport disaster in Maine. According to local reports a service vehicle at Bangor International Airport struck and killed the dogs, while they were being walked after the Travoltas landed there early on Thursday, May 13.
A statement from city officials reads, "At approximately 1am on Thursday, May 13, 2010 an airplane carrying members of the John Travolta family landed at BIA. While there, two small dogs were taken for a walk by someone who is not a family member. An airport service pickup truck was approaching the airplane to service the airplane and did not see the dogs. Unfortunately, the dogs were struck and killed. The airport is investigating the accident."
Airport director Rebecca Hupp tells the Bangor Daily News, "This is an unfortunate accident. Our deepest sympathies are with the family." The tragedy comes 16 months after Travolta and his actress wife Kelly Preston lost their teenage son Jett, who died after suffering a seizure at the family home in the Bahamas.
More John Travolta News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris