Chris Brown Performing at Haiti Fundraising Concert
R&B singer Chris Brown thrilled fans by headlining a Haiti benefit concert in his home state of Virginia on Saturday, May 15 to raise money for the earthquake-ravaged country. The 21 year old joined a host of other stars including Keri Hilson, T-Pain, Juelz Santana and Mario at the Virginia Stand Up! A Call To Action gig at the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond.
Brown delighted one lucky fan during the concert, pulling her onstage and serenading her with a rendition of his track Take You Down - but the singer admits the night was one for reflection. In a statement, he said, "The images I see on television, both in my community and in Haiti, remind me that everyone has to do their part."
Money raised from the benefit concert will go towards the American Red Cross' Haiti relief effort to help survivors of the January quake, as well as the Central Virginia Foodbank, which helps residents in Virginia.
More Chris Brown News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'