Chris Brown Performing at Haiti Fundraising Concert
R&B singer Chris Brown thrilled fans by headlining a Haiti benefit concert in his home state of Virginia on Saturday, May 15 to raise money for the earthquake-ravaged country. The 21 year old joined a host of other stars including Keri Hilson, T-Pain, Juelz Santana and Mario at the Virginia Stand Up! A Call To Action gig at the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond.
Brown delighted one lucky fan during the concert, pulling her onstage and serenading her with a rendition of his track Take You Down - but the singer admits the night was one for reflection. In a statement, he said, "The images I see on television, both in my community and in Haiti, remind me that everyone has to do their part."
Money raised from the benefit concert will go towards the American Red Cross' Haiti relief effort to help survivors of the January quake, as well as the Central Virginia Foodbank, which helps residents in Virginia.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris