Chris Brown Performing at Haiti Fundraising Concert
R&B singer Chris Brown thrilled fans by headlining a Haiti benefit concert in his home state of Virginia on Saturday, May 15 to raise money for the earthquake-ravaged country. The 21 year old joined a host of other stars including Keri Hilson, T-Pain, Juelz Santana and Mario at the Virginia Stand Up! A Call To Action gig at the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond.
Brown delighted one lucky fan during the concert, pulling her onstage and serenading her with a rendition of his track Take You Down - but the singer admits the night was one for reflection. In a statement, he said, "The images I see on television, both in my community and in Haiti, remind me that everyone has to do their part."
Money raised from the benefit concert will go towards the American Red Cross' Haiti relief effort to help survivors of the January quake, as well as the Central Virginia Foodbank, which helps residents in Virginia.
More Chris Brown News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story