Lily Allen: 'A Child Within a Year'
Lily Allen is planning to use her hiatus from music to start a family - the British pop star wants to have a baby "within a year". The "Smile" hitmaker announced last year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
But the 25 year old admits there's another reason for her break from pop - she is longing to have children with her boyfriend Sam Cooper and hopes to use her time off to become a mother. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I'd like to have a child within a year. It'll be a minimum of four or five years before I make a record again. I know what commitment it takes to release an album. I don't think that mixes well with the idea of settling down and having children, which is ultimately my goal and more of a priority than flying around the world."
"I'd want to be really hands-on for the first two or three years of having a little one. I don't want to leave them." Allen previously fell pregnant while she was dating Chemical Brothers star Ed Simons, but tragically suffered a miscarriage in 2008.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake