Lily Allen: 'A Child Within a Year'
Lily Allen is planning to use her hiatus from music to start a family - the British pop star wants to have a baby "within a year". The "Smile" hitmaker announced last year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
But the 25 year old admits there's another reason for her break from pop - she is longing to have children with her boyfriend Sam Cooper and hopes to use her time off to become a mother. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I'd like to have a child within a year. It'll be a minimum of four or five years before I make a record again. I know what commitment it takes to release an album. I don't think that mixes well with the idea of settling down and having children, which is ultimately my goal and more of a priority than flying around the world."
"I'd want to be really hands-on for the first two or three years of having a little one. I don't want to leave them." Allen previously fell pregnant while she was dating Chemical Brothers star Ed Simons, but tragically suffered a miscarriage in 2008.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion