Lily Allen: 'A Child Within a Year'
Lily Allen is planning to use her hiatus from music to start a family - the British pop star wants to have a baby "within a year". The "Smile" hitmaker announced last year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
But the 25 year old admits there's another reason for her break from pop - she is longing to have children with her boyfriend Sam Cooper and hopes to use her time off to become a mother. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I'd like to have a child within a year. It'll be a minimum of four or five years before I make a record again. I know what commitment it takes to release an album. I don't think that mixes well with the idea of settling down and having children, which is ultimately my goal and more of a priority than flying around the world."
"I'd want to be really hands-on for the first two or three years of having a little one. I don't want to leave them." Allen previously fell pregnant while she was dating Chemical Brothers star Ed Simons, but tragically suffered a miscarriage in 2008.
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface