Lily Allen: 'A Child Within a Year'
Lily Allen is planning to use her hiatus from music to start a family - the British pop star wants to have a baby "within a year". The "Smile" hitmaker announced last year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
But the 25 year old admits there's another reason for her break from pop - she is longing to have children with her boyfriend Sam Cooper and hopes to use her time off to become a mother. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I'd like to have a child within a year. It'll be a minimum of four or five years before I make a record again. I know what commitment it takes to release an album. I don't think that mixes well with the idea of settling down and having children, which is ultimately my goal and more of a priority than flying around the world."
"I'd want to be really hands-on for the first two or three years of having a little one. I don't want to leave them." Allen previously fell pregnant while she was dating Chemical Brothers star Ed Simons, but tragically suffered a miscarriage in 2008.
- Jared Leto Spotted Enjoying Lunch Date With Rumored Girlfriend Valery Kaufman
- Braless Bella Thorne Looks Worn Out During Outing With Max Ehrich
- Comic-Con: Thor Trades His Hammer for Gun in New 'Ragnarok' Trailer
- Video: Ezra Miller Kisses a Male Fan on the Mouth at SDCC
- Ellen Page Receives Death Threats on Instagram: I Find Ellen and Kidnap Her and Kill Her Throat
- Artist of the Week: 21 Savage
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site