Lily Allen: 'A Child Within a Year'
Lily Allen is planning to use her hiatus from music to start a family - the British pop star wants to have a baby "within a year". The "Smile" hitmaker announced last year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
But the 25 year old admits there's another reason for her break from pop - she is longing to have children with her boyfriend Sam Cooper and hopes to use her time off to become a mother. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I'd like to have a child within a year. It'll be a minimum of four or five years before I make a record again. I know what commitment it takes to release an album. I don't think that mixes well with the idea of settling down and having children, which is ultimately my goal and more of a priority than flying around the world."
"I'd want to be really hands-on for the first two or three years of having a little one. I don't want to leave them." Allen previously fell pregnant while she was dating Chemical Brothers star Ed Simons, but tragically suffered a miscarriage in 2008.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed