Ronan Keating Tapped as Judge of 'The X Factor' Australian Version
Boyzone star Ronan Keating is remodeling himself as a reality TV show judge - the Irish singer has landed a role on an Australian version of "The X Factor". Simon Cowell is planning to take his highly-successful British talent show to America next year, and is rolling out the format across the world.
The music mogul has already taken the show Down Under, hiring the boyband star as one of his judges - and Keating is delighted to have been given the chance to join the series, especially as Boyzone's manager Louis Walsh is on the panel of the original show.
He says, "I can't wait. It's an exciting new role for me. Louis Walsh has offered to give me tips. I'll be firm, but fair - maybe not as nasty as Simon Cowell." The job means Keating will now be based in Australia from June until November.
More The X Factor News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal