Ronan Keating Tapped as Judge of 'The X Factor' Australian Version
Boyzone star Ronan Keating is remodeling himself as a reality TV show judge - the Irish singer has landed a role on an Australian version of "The X Factor". Simon Cowell is planning to take his highly-successful British talent show to America next year, and is rolling out the format across the world.
The music mogul has already taken the show Down Under, hiring the boyband star as one of his judges - and Keating is delighted to have been given the chance to join the series, especially as Boyzone's manager Louis Walsh is on the panel of the original show.
He says, "I can't wait. It's an exciting new role for me. Louis Walsh has offered to give me tips. I'll be firm, but fair - maybe not as nasty as Simon Cowell." The job means Keating will now be based in Australia from June until November.
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage