Sandi Thom Parting Ways With Fiance
Singer Sandi Thom has told of her wedding heartbreak - she was jilted by her fiance just weeks before their nuptials. The Scottish star announced in February this year that the marriage had been put on hold, insisting she needed time to concentrate on her career.
Now she has confessed the truth behind the canceled wedding - she has split from fiance Jake Field. Thom tells the Daily Record, "I bought the wedding dress. But life throws these unexpected curveballs... It was the biggest shock I have ever experienced. I never ever envisaged in all my days that Jake and I would split up. I still have the wedding dress."
"It's not been easy. What happened with me and Jake was we just never had a break from each other... It was just too much. It's that old metaphor of two trees planted next to each other. They either intertwine so much that it is inconceivable that they will part, or they fight for space. He fought for space."
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director