Jana Kramer Misdiagnosed With Life-Threatening Sickness
American actress/singer Jana Kramer faced death on the set of 2005 film "Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis" - after local Romanian doctors misdiagnosed a life-threatening gallbladder sickness. The "One Tree Hill" star had to halt the overseas shoot because she was too sick to work, and Romanian medics determined she needed to have her appendix removed.
Kramer tells Maxim magazine, "I immediately started feeling sick. But I didn't want to complain and be considered a problem. Eventually I had to go to the hospital. The doctor could barely speak English but said I had to get my appendix out."
But when Kramer wasn't getting better after the operation she flew back to the U.S. to get a second opinion and was stunned when she was told the Romanian doctors had taken out the wrong body part - and she needed a different organ removed.
She explains, "They (doctors in Romania) did the surgery, and six days of recovery time grew into two weeks when I caught pneumonia. I flew back to America, and the doctors here explained it was never my appendix; it was my gallbladder, and if they didn't get it out I was going to die."
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC