Jana Kramer Misdiagnosed With Life-Threatening Sickness
American actress/singer Jana Kramer faced death on the set of 2005 film "Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis" - after local Romanian doctors misdiagnosed a life-threatening gallbladder sickness. The "One Tree Hill" star had to halt the overseas shoot because she was too sick to work, and Romanian medics determined she needed to have her appendix removed.
Kramer tells Maxim magazine, "I immediately started feeling sick. But I didn't want to complain and be considered a problem. Eventually I had to go to the hospital. The doctor could barely speak English but said I had to get my appendix out."
But when Kramer wasn't getting better after the operation she flew back to the U.S. to get a second opinion and was stunned when she was told the Romanian doctors had taken out the wrong body part - and she needed a different organ removed.
She explains, "They (doctors in Romania) did the surgery, and six days of recovery time grew into two weeks when I caught pneumonia. I flew back to America, and the doctors here explained it was never my appendix; it was my gallbladder, and if they didn't get it out I was going to die."
More Jana Kramer News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake