Christina Aguilera Refused to Compromise With Her Label
Christina Aguilera stood up to her record label bosses during the making of her new album after they asked her to sing a song she didn't like. The star had a clear vision for "Bionic" when she hit the studio, and she wasn't impressed when executives at her label handed her a track and demanded she record it because they were convinced it would be "a hit".
Aguilera admits she refused to back down because she was determined to make sure the song didn't end up on her album. She tells Billboard magazine, "There was actually a song that the label really wanted me to record, and I just said 'No,' because it didn't fit on the album - it wasn't creatively inspiring to me."
"They said, 'It's a hit, it's a hit!' And absolutely it's a hit for someone. But it's not for me, because when it jeopardizes my integrity too much I can't do it. The hit thing... Who Let the Dogs Out was a f**king hit, you know what I mean?"
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3