Taylor Momsen Slammed for Declaring Her Favorite Knife
"Gossip Girl" star Taylor Momsen has sparked an outcry from U.K. anti-knife crime campaigners by admitting she carries a blade in her purse at all times. The actress/singer has revealed she collects the deadly weapons and takes her favorite everywhere with her - even carrying the knife on a flight across America.
She tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "I have a knife collection. I have my favorite black knife with me all the time. It's a switchblade. It relaxes me to flick it. I close it and open it." She then adds, "I flew from New York to LA and still had a couple of knives in my purse. I thought I took them out, but I opened my bag in LA and they fell out. I was like 'holy s**t'."
But the comments have landed the 16 year old in trouble with Britain's Mothers Against Murder and Aggression - a charity which helps support families who have lost loved ones through violent crimes. Spokesperson Lyn Costello has called Momsen's attitude "warped", insisting she needs to "get a brain". She adds, "We're losing our teenagers on a high scale to knife crime."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen