Taylor Momsen Slammed for Declaring Her Favorite Knife
"Gossip Girl" star Taylor Momsen has sparked an outcry from U.K. anti-knife crime campaigners by admitting she carries a blade in her purse at all times. The actress/singer has revealed she collects the deadly weapons and takes her favorite everywhere with her - even carrying the knife on a flight across America.
She tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "I have a knife collection. I have my favorite black knife with me all the time. It's a switchblade. It relaxes me to flick it. I close it and open it." She then adds, "I flew from New York to LA and still had a couple of knives in my purse. I thought I took them out, but I opened my bag in LA and they fell out. I was like 'holy s**t'."
But the comments have landed the 16 year old in trouble with Britain's Mothers Against Murder and Aggression - a charity which helps support families who have lost loved ones through violent crimes. Spokesperson Lyn Costello has called Momsen's attitude "warped", insisting she needs to "get a brain". She adds, "We're losing our teenagers on a high scale to knife crime."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March