Taylor Momsen Slammed for Declaring Her Favorite Knife
"Gossip Girl" star Taylor Momsen has sparked an outcry from U.K. anti-knife crime campaigners by admitting she carries a blade in her purse at all times. The actress/singer has revealed she collects the deadly weapons and takes her favorite everywhere with her - even carrying the knife on a flight across America.
She tells Britain's Metro newspaper, "I have a knife collection. I have my favorite black knife with me all the time. It's a switchblade. It relaxes me to flick it. I close it and open it." She then adds, "I flew from New York to LA and still had a couple of knives in my purse. I thought I took them out, but I opened my bag in LA and they fell out. I was like 'holy s**t'."
But the comments have landed the 16 year old in trouble with Britain's Mothers Against Murder and Aggression - a charity which helps support families who have lost loved ones through violent crimes. Spokesperson Lyn Costello has called Momsen's attitude "warped", insisting she needs to "get a brain". She adds, "We're losing our teenagers on a high scale to knife crime."
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck