Russell Crowe Storms Out Interview Over Robin Hood Accent Critique
Russell Crowe angrily stormed out of a British radio interview on Wednesday, May 12, after the host told the actor his accent in "Robin Hood" sounded Irish. The famously short-tempered Oscar-winner was chatting to broadcaster Mark Lawson for BBC Radio 4's Front Row show when he was asked if he purposely added hints of the Irish dialect to his portrayal of the English folklore hero.
An infuriated Crowe angrily questioned Lawson's opinion - before swearing at him.
Lawson asked the star, "The accent you've given him (Robin Hood). There are hints to me of Irish, but what.... were you thinking in those terms?" To which Crowe replied, "You've got dead ears mate, you've seriously dead ears if you think that's an Irish accent... B**locks."
And the interview didn't get any better when the presenter tried to change his line of questioning, with Crowe returning to the issue of the accent. The "Gladiator" star said, "I'm a little dumbfounded you could possibly find any Irish in that character, that's kind of ridiculous anyway but it's your show."
When Lawson tried to calm the actor by asking if the accent was supposed to hail from northern England - where Robin Hood is said to have grown up - Crowe snarled sarcastically, "No! I was going for an Italian (accent)... missed it? F**k me!" The star then walked out of the interview, adding, "I don't get the Irish thing by the way. I don't get it at all."
More Russell Crowe News
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image