'Wall Street 3' Being Planned by Oliver Stone
Director Oliver Stone is hoping his upcoming "Wall Street" sequel is a box office hit - because he is already making plans for a third installment. The moviemaker has resurrected his Academy Award-winning 1987 film for a follow-up 23 years after the original hit cinemas, with Michael Douglas reprising his role as ruthless banker Gordon Gekko opposite Shia LaBeouf and Josh Brolin.
The picture, which will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival in France this week, is due for release in September and Stone hopes the audience warms to the story - because he would love to see the characters return for a third film. He tells Reuters, "Why not? We left it open at the end in a way on which we can hang a 'Wall Street 3'. We'll have Gekko back and maybe Josh Brolin, too."
"Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" also stars Carey Mulligan, Susan Sarandon and Frank Langella.
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!