'Wall Street 3' Being Planned by Oliver Stone
Director Oliver Stone is hoping his upcoming "Wall Street" sequel is a box office hit - because he is already making plans for a third installment. The moviemaker has resurrected his Academy Award-winning 1987 film for a follow-up 23 years after the original hit cinemas, with Michael Douglas reprising his role as ruthless banker Gordon Gekko opposite Shia LaBeouf and Josh Brolin.
The picture, which will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival in France this week, is due for release in September and Stone hopes the audience warms to the story - because he would love to see the characters return for a third film. He tells Reuters, "Why not? We left it open at the end in a way on which we can hang a 'Wall Street 3'. We'll have Gekko back and maybe Josh Brolin, too."
"Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" also stars Carey Mulligan, Susan Sarandon and Frank Langella.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018