'Wall Street 3' Being Planned by Oliver Stone
Director Oliver Stone is hoping his upcoming "Wall Street" sequel is a box office hit - because he is already making plans for a third installment. The moviemaker has resurrected his Academy Award-winning 1987 film for a follow-up 23 years after the original hit cinemas, with Michael Douglas reprising his role as ruthless banker Gordon Gekko opposite Shia LaBeouf and Josh Brolin.
The picture, which will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival in France this week, is due for release in September and Stone hopes the audience warms to the story - because he would love to see the characters return for a third film. He tells Reuters, "Why not? We left it open at the end in a way on which we can hang a 'Wall Street 3'. We'll have Gekko back and maybe Josh Brolin, too."
"Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" also stars Carey Mulligan, Susan Sarandon and Frank Langella.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake