'Wall Street 3' Being Planned by Oliver Stone
Director Oliver Stone is hoping his upcoming "Wall Street" sequel is a box office hit - because he is already making plans for a third installment. The moviemaker has resurrected his Academy Award-winning 1987 film for a follow-up 23 years after the original hit cinemas, with Michael Douglas reprising his role as ruthless banker Gordon Gekko opposite Shia LaBeouf and Josh Brolin.
The picture, which will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival in France this week, is due for release in September and Stone hopes the audience warms to the story - because he would love to see the characters return for a third film. He tells Reuters, "Why not? We left it open at the end in a way on which we can hang a 'Wall Street 3'. We'll have Gekko back and maybe Josh Brolin, too."
"Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" also stars Carey Mulligan, Susan Sarandon and Frank Langella.
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'