'Wall Street 3' Being Planned by Oliver Stone
Director Oliver Stone is hoping his upcoming "Wall Street" sequel is a box office hit - because he is already making plans for a third installment. The moviemaker has resurrected his Academy Award-winning 1987 film for a follow-up 23 years after the original hit cinemas, with Michael Douglas reprising his role as ruthless banker Gordon Gekko opposite Shia LaBeouf and Josh Brolin.
The picture, which will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival in France this week, is due for release in September and Stone hopes the audience warms to the story - because he would love to see the characters return for a third film. He tells Reuters, "Why not? We left it open at the end in a way on which we can hang a 'Wall Street 3'. We'll have Gekko back and maybe Josh Brolin, too."
"Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" also stars Carey Mulligan, Susan Sarandon and Frank Langella.
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'