Christina Aguilera Doesn't Need Her Dad
Christina Aguilera has given up on ending years of estrangement with her father - because she sees no reason to have him in her life. The "Beautiful" singer briefly reconciled with former U.S. Army sergeant Fausto last year but quickly realized there were too many bad memories to have him become a fixture in her life.
And now she tells the new issue of Latina magazine, "It's (relationship) pretty nonexistent. I'm in a place in my life where I just don't see a reason for it. There's always room for forgiveness - and I do forgive - but you grow up and make choices for your family."
Last year, the pop star opened up about her childhood memories in a documentary. She told E!, "I witnessed a lot of unpleasant things - a lot of pushing and shoving and fighting and quarreling. Growing up I did not feel safe. Feeling powerless is the worst feeling in the world. I turned to singing as an outlet. The pain at home is where my love for music came from."
Aguilera's mother, Shelly, also appeared in the TV documentary, describing the extent of the abuse. She recalled one horrific incident when she found a four-year-old Aguilera with blood dripping from her chin. The singer's mother says, "I scooped her up and said, 'Oh my God. What's wrong?' She told me, 'Daddy wanted to take a nap and I made too much noise'."
Aguilera's mother eventually fled from her violent husband, taking her daughters to live with their grandmother.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'