Christina Aguilera Doesn't Need Her Dad
Christina Aguilera has given up on ending years of estrangement with her father - because she sees no reason to have him in her life. The "Beautiful" singer briefly reconciled with former U.S. Army sergeant Fausto last year but quickly realized there were too many bad memories to have him become a fixture in her life.
And now she tells the new issue of Latina magazine, "It's (relationship) pretty nonexistent. I'm in a place in my life where I just don't see a reason for it. There's always room for forgiveness - and I do forgive - but you grow up and make choices for your family."
Last year, the pop star opened up about her childhood memories in a documentary. She told E!, "I witnessed a lot of unpleasant things - a lot of pushing and shoving and fighting and quarreling. Growing up I did not feel safe. Feeling powerless is the worst feeling in the world. I turned to singing as an outlet. The pain at home is where my love for music came from."
Aguilera's mother, Shelly, also appeared in the TV documentary, describing the extent of the abuse. She recalled one horrific incident when she found a four-year-old Aguilera with blood dripping from her chin. The singer's mother says, "I scooped her up and said, 'Oh my God. What's wrong?' She told me, 'Daddy wanted to take a nap and I made too much noise'."
Aguilera's mother eventually fled from her violent husband, taking her daughters to live with their grandmother.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance