Christina Aguilera Doesn't Need Her Dad
Christina Aguilera has given up on ending years of estrangement with her father - because she sees no reason to have him in her life. The "Beautiful" singer briefly reconciled with former U.S. Army sergeant Fausto last year but quickly realized there were too many bad memories to have him become a fixture in her life.
And now she tells the new issue of Latina magazine, "It's (relationship) pretty nonexistent. I'm in a place in my life where I just don't see a reason for it. There's always room for forgiveness - and I do forgive - but you grow up and make choices for your family."
Last year, the pop star opened up about her childhood memories in a documentary. She told E!, "I witnessed a lot of unpleasant things - a lot of pushing and shoving and fighting and quarreling. Growing up I did not feel safe. Feeling powerless is the worst feeling in the world. I turned to singing as an outlet. The pain at home is where my love for music came from."
Aguilera's mother, Shelly, also appeared in the TV documentary, describing the extent of the abuse. She recalled one horrific incident when she found a four-year-old Aguilera with blood dripping from her chin. The singer's mother says, "I scooped her up and said, 'Oh my God. What's wrong?' She told me, 'Daddy wanted to take a nap and I made too much noise'."
Aguilera's mother eventually fled from her violent husband, taking her daughters to live with their grandmother.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS