Christina Aguilera Doesn't Need Her Dad
Christina Aguilera has given up on ending years of estrangement with her father - because she sees no reason to have him in her life. The "Beautiful" singer briefly reconciled with former U.S. Army sergeant Fausto last year but quickly realized there were too many bad memories to have him become a fixture in her life.
And now she tells the new issue of Latina magazine, "It's (relationship) pretty nonexistent. I'm in a place in my life where I just don't see a reason for it. There's always room for forgiveness - and I do forgive - but you grow up and make choices for your family."
Last year, the pop star opened up about her childhood memories in a documentary. She told E!, "I witnessed a lot of unpleasant things - a lot of pushing and shoving and fighting and quarreling. Growing up I did not feel safe. Feeling powerless is the worst feeling in the world. I turned to singing as an outlet. The pain at home is where my love for music came from."
Aguilera's mother, Shelly, also appeared in the TV documentary, describing the extent of the abuse. She recalled one horrific incident when she found a four-year-old Aguilera with blood dripping from her chin. The singer's mother says, "I scooped her up and said, 'Oh my God. What's wrong?' She told me, 'Daddy wanted to take a nap and I made too much noise'."
Aguilera's mother eventually fled from her violent husband, taking her daughters to live with their grandmother.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii