Lily Allen Explains Why She Wants to Take Hiatus From Music
Lily Allen decided to walk away from her music career because she is "fed up" with her own image. The "Smile" hitmaker announced earlier this year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
Now she has revealed the reason behind her decision to quit pop - she is bored with the "character" of Lily Allen and wants to take a break before she goes "mad". She tells British morning show GMTV, "I just feel like I'm at a point in my life where I should be at home more and not sort of traveling the world. I'm still working on music and still writing music, maybe for other people. I'm involved with trying to make a musical at the moment. But I'm just sort of fed up with Lily Allen - the character."
"Many people in my position quite frankly go a bit mad and that's because they are pushing it too hard. So it's actually a sensible thing to do."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour