Lily Allen Explains Why She Wants to Take Hiatus From Music
Lily Allen decided to walk away from her music career because she is "fed up" with her own image. The "Smile" hitmaker announced earlier this year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
Now she has revealed the reason behind her decision to quit pop - she is bored with the "character" of Lily Allen and wants to take a break before she goes "mad". She tells British morning show GMTV, "I just feel like I'm at a point in my life where I should be at home more and not sort of traveling the world. I'm still working on music and still writing music, maybe for other people. I'm involved with trying to make a musical at the moment. But I'm just sort of fed up with Lily Allen - the character."
"Many people in my position quite frankly go a bit mad and that's because they are pushing it too hard. So it's actually a sensible thing to do."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame