Lily Allen Explains Why She Wants to Take Hiatus From Music
Lily Allen decided to walk away from her music career because she is "fed up" with her own image. The "Smile" hitmaker announced earlier this year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
Now she has revealed the reason behind her decision to quit pop - she is bored with the "character" of Lily Allen and wants to take a break before she goes "mad". She tells British morning show GMTV, "I just feel like I'm at a point in my life where I should be at home more and not sort of traveling the world. I'm still working on music and still writing music, maybe for other people. I'm involved with trying to make a musical at the moment. But I'm just sort of fed up with Lily Allen - the character."
"Many people in my position quite frankly go a bit mad and that's because they are pushing it too hard. So it's actually a sensible thing to do."
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?