Lily Allen Explains Why She Wants to Take Hiatus From Music
Lily Allen decided to walk away from her music career because she is "fed up" with her own image. The "Smile" hitmaker announced earlier this year she is planning a hiatus from recording and performing live to concentrate on launching a designer clothes hire shop and setting up her own record company.
Now she has revealed the reason behind her decision to quit pop - she is bored with the "character" of Lily Allen and wants to take a break before she goes "mad". She tells British morning show GMTV, "I just feel like I'm at a point in my life where I should be at home more and not sort of traveling the world. I'm still working on music and still writing music, maybe for other people. I'm involved with trying to make a musical at the moment. But I'm just sort of fed up with Lily Allen - the character."
"Many people in my position quite frankly go a bit mad and that's because they are pushing it too hard. So it's actually a sensible thing to do."
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed