Vanessa Redgrave Talks About Family Tragedy
Vanessa Redgrave has opened up about the series of personal tragedies her family has suffered over the last year - after losing her daughter, brother and sister within a matter of months. The veteran British actress was devastated when her daughter Natasha Richardson died last year following a skiing accident.
The sad news was compounded when Redgrave's brother Corin passed away in April this year and just a month later her sister Lynn lost her battle with breast cancer. Redgrave attended a memorial service for Richardson on Monday, May 10 - the day before her daughter would have celebrated her 47th birthday - just two days after the family buried Lynn Redgrave, and the actress pulled out of her planned appearance at the Los Angeles premiere of her new movie "Letters to Juliet" on Tuesday to deal with her grief.
The 73 year old gave an interview to Reuters just two days before the death of her sister, and revealed she was refusing to let her personal losses dominate her life. She said, "I'm not the only one in the family who's (suffered the losses). I can only say this: I know how I feel and I know the rest of the family feels that we all had a very special gift in my eldest daughter and my brother. Obviously we miss them terribly but we try to keep our minds on what a gift their life and their love was."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns