Vanessa Redgrave Talks About Family Tragedy
Vanessa Redgrave has opened up about the series of personal tragedies her family has suffered over the last year - after losing her daughter, brother and sister within a matter of months. The veteran British actress was devastated when her daughter Natasha Richardson died last year following a skiing accident.
The sad news was compounded when Redgrave's brother Corin passed away in April this year and just a month later her sister Lynn lost her battle with breast cancer. Redgrave attended a memorial service for Richardson on Monday, May 10 - the day before her daughter would have celebrated her 47th birthday - just two days after the family buried Lynn Redgrave, and the actress pulled out of her planned appearance at the Los Angeles premiere of her new movie "Letters to Juliet" on Tuesday to deal with her grief.
The 73 year old gave an interview to Reuters just two days before the death of her sister, and revealed she was refusing to let her personal losses dominate her life. She said, "I'm not the only one in the family who's (suffered the losses). I can only say this: I know how I feel and I know the rest of the family feels that we all had a very special gift in my eldest daughter and my brother. Obviously we miss them terribly but we try to keep our minds on what a gift their life and their love was."
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit