Cheryl Cole's Brother in Police Investigation Following Armed Robbery
British singer Cheryl Cole's brother has reportedly been arrested as part of a police investigation into an armed robbery at a post office in England. Andrew Tweedy, who is also known as Andrew Leighton, is thought to be one of four men being held by cops investigating a raid in North Tyneside, England on Monday, May 10, according to Britain's The Sun. Two men brandished a gun and a machete at post office staff and customers before escaping with thousands of pounds.
Tweedy has not been confirmed as one of the suspects, but a source tells the newspaper, "He has been arrested." A police spokesman tells The Sun, "A vehicle and firearm have been recovered. We're pursuing lines of inquiry."
The Girls Aloud star's 29-year-old sibling has previously spoken of his shame at causing his famous sister embarrassment with his wild behavior, saying, "Cheryl wants to help me but I'm too far gone. I know I'm breaking her heart but I'm not strong enough to sort myself out."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record