Cheryl Cole's Brother in Police Investigation Following Armed Robbery
British singer Cheryl Cole's brother has reportedly been arrested as part of a police investigation into an armed robbery at a post office in England. Andrew Tweedy, who is also known as Andrew Leighton, is thought to be one of four men being held by cops investigating a raid in North Tyneside, England on Monday, May 10, according to Britain's The Sun. Two men brandished a gun and a machete at post office staff and customers before escaping with thousands of pounds.
Tweedy has not been confirmed as one of the suspects, but a source tells the newspaper, "He has been arrested." A police spokesman tells The Sun, "A vehicle and firearm have been recovered. We're pursuing lines of inquiry."
The Girls Aloud star's 29-year-old sibling has previously spoken of his shame at causing his famous sister embarrassment with his wild behavior, saying, "Cheryl wants to help me but I'm too far gone. I know I'm breaking her heart but I'm not strong enough to sort myself out."
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub