Cheryl Cole's Brother in Police Investigation Following Armed Robbery
British singer Cheryl Cole's brother has reportedly been arrested as part of a police investigation into an armed robbery at a post office in England. Andrew Tweedy, who is also known as Andrew Leighton, is thought to be one of four men being held by cops investigating a raid in North Tyneside, England on Monday, May 10, according to Britain's The Sun. Two men brandished a gun and a machete at post office staff and customers before escaping with thousands of pounds.
Tweedy has not been confirmed as one of the suspects, but a source tells the newspaper, "He has been arrested." A police spokesman tells The Sun, "A vehicle and firearm have been recovered. We're pursuing lines of inquiry."
The Girls Aloud star's 29-year-old sibling has previously spoken of his shame at causing his famous sister embarrassment with his wild behavior, saying, "Cheryl wants to help me but I'm too far gone. I know I'm breaking her heart but I'm not strong enough to sort myself out."
More Cheryl Cole News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle