Cheryl Cole's Brother in Police Investigation Following Armed Robbery
British singer Cheryl Cole's brother has reportedly been arrested as part of a police investigation into an armed robbery at a post office in England. Andrew Tweedy, who is also known as Andrew Leighton, is thought to be one of four men being held by cops investigating a raid in North Tyneside, England on Monday, May 10, according to Britain's The Sun. Two men brandished a gun and a machete at post office staff and customers before escaping with thousands of pounds.
Tweedy has not been confirmed as one of the suspects, but a source tells the newspaper, "He has been arrested." A police spokesman tells The Sun, "A vehicle and firearm have been recovered. We're pursuing lines of inquiry."
The Girls Aloud star's 29-year-old sibling has previously spoken of his shame at causing his famous sister embarrassment with his wild behavior, saying, "Cheryl wants to help me but I'm too far gone. I know I'm breaking her heart but I'm not strong enough to sort myself out."
More Cheryl Cole News
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates