Cheryl Cole's Brother in Police Investigation Following Armed Robbery
British singer Cheryl Cole's brother has reportedly been arrested as part of a police investigation into an armed robbery at a post office in England. Andrew Tweedy, who is also known as Andrew Leighton, is thought to be one of four men being held by cops investigating a raid in North Tyneside, England on Monday, May 10, according to Britain's The Sun. Two men brandished a gun and a machete at post office staff and customers before escaping with thousands of pounds.
Tweedy has not been confirmed as one of the suspects, but a source tells the newspaper, "He has been arrested." A police spokesman tells The Sun, "A vehicle and firearm have been recovered. We're pursuing lines of inquiry."
The Girls Aloud star's 29-year-old sibling has previously spoken of his shame at causing his famous sister embarrassment with his wild behavior, saying, "Cheryl wants to help me but I'm too far gone. I know I'm breaking her heart but I'm not strong enough to sort myself out."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'