Lisa Marie Presley Calls Michael Jackson's Fans to Fill Burial Spot With Sunflowers
Lisa Marie Presley has called on fans of her late ex-husband Michael Jackson to surround the superstar's burial plot with sunflowers after she was left disappointed by the "large empty space around him". The singer was married to the King of Pop for two years between 1994 and 1996, and was devastated when her superstar ex passed away suddenly last June.
Upon a recent visit to the "Thriller" hitmaker's mausoleum at Forest Lawn Memorial Parks & Mortuaries in Glendale, California, Presley and her daughter Riley were shocked at the lack of mementos around the singer's grave - insisting Jackson "would want and deserves more than what is there".
And the singer is urging Jackson's fans to send in sunflowers - revealing it was the star's favorite flower, and she always bought them for him during their relationship. In a post on her MySpace.com page, Presley writes, "While visiting him a few days ago at Forest Lawn, Riley and I couldn't help but notice that, while there are a few bouquets, candles and gifts there is a very large empty space around him and in front of him that could use a whole lot more."
"While I am sure that the staff at The Holy Terrace do their very best to place what is sent and what is placed at the door at his tomb, I thought you might like to know that he would want and deserves more than what is there and I had an idea... Some may or may not know this but his favorite flower was the Sunflower. I thought if whoever wants to bought just one silk sunflower each and sent it, the whole area around him and in front of him (would be covered). We can all cause a "Sun shower" if you will... He deserves to be flooded and surrounded, LET'S SURROUND HIM!"
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors