Cate Blanchett Appears in Alexander McQueen's Gown
Cate Blanchett paid tribute to tragic designer Alexander McQueen at the opening of the Cannes Film Festival in France on Wednesday, May 12 by wearing one of the Brit style king's outfits.
The Aussie actress hit the red carpet in a black, ankle-length, off-the-shoulder gown, emblazoned on the front and back by a silver eagle in flight. The dress was part of McQueen's pre-fall 2010 collection.
McQueen, 40, committed suicide on February 11. Rumor has it he was depressed after his mother's death.
Blanchett is at the Cannes Film Festival for the screening of "Robin Hood", which opened the festival. The action adventure will hit theaters across the U.S. on May 14. Blanchett takes the role as Lady Marion.
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors