Cate Blanchett Appears in Alexander McQueen's Gown
Cate Blanchett paid tribute to tragic designer Alexander McQueen at the opening of the Cannes Film Festival in France on Wednesday, May 12 by wearing one of the Brit style king's outfits.
The Aussie actress hit the red carpet in a black, ankle-length, off-the-shoulder gown, emblazoned on the front and back by a silver eagle in flight. The dress was part of McQueen's pre-fall 2010 collection.
McQueen, 40, committed suicide on February 11. Rumor has it he was depressed after his mother's death.
Blanchett is at the Cannes Film Festival for the screening of "Robin Hood", which opened the festival. The action adventure will hit theaters across the U.S. on May 14. Blanchett takes the role as Lady Marion.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie