Cate Blanchett Appears in Alexander McQueen's Gown
Cate Blanchett paid tribute to tragic designer Alexander McQueen at the opening of the Cannes Film Festival in France on Wednesday, May 12 by wearing one of the Brit style king's outfits.
The Aussie actress hit the red carpet in a black, ankle-length, off-the-shoulder gown, emblazoned on the front and back by a silver eagle in flight. The dress was part of McQueen's pre-fall 2010 collection.
McQueen, 40, committed suicide on February 11. Rumor has it he was depressed after his mother's death.
Blanchett is at the Cannes Film Festival for the screening of "Robin Hood", which opened the festival. The action adventure will hit theaters across the U.S. on May 14. Blanchett takes the role as Lady Marion.
More Cate Blanchett News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set