Cate Blanchett Appears in Alexander McQueen's Gown
Cate Blanchett paid tribute to tragic designer Alexander McQueen at the opening of the Cannes Film Festival in France on Wednesday, May 12 by wearing one of the Brit style king's outfits.
The Aussie actress hit the red carpet in a black, ankle-length, off-the-shoulder gown, emblazoned on the front and back by a silver eagle in flight. The dress was part of McQueen's pre-fall 2010 collection.
McQueen, 40, committed suicide on February 11. Rumor has it he was depressed after his mother's death.
Blanchett is at the Cannes Film Festival for the screening of "Robin Hood", which opened the festival. The action adventure will hit theaters across the U.S. on May 14. Blanchett takes the role as Lady Marion.
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'