Dana Plato's Son Commits Suicide
The son of late "Diff'rent Strokes" star Dana Plato has taken his own life in a tragic repeat of history after failing to come to terms with his mother's suicide almost 11 years to the day. Tyler Lambert, who had a history of substance abuse and depression, died last Friday, May 7 after embarking on a drugs binge before putting a shotgun in his mouth and pulling the trigger.
He had spiraled into a bout of depression as the anniversary of his mum's death loomed on the same weekend as Americans prepared to celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday, May 9, and detailed his heartache in a suicide note. Lambert lost his actress mum to a drug overdose almost 11 years to the day, on May 8, 1999.
Officials at the medical examiner's office in his hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma confirmed his death was a "Suicide by a gunshot to the head", reports the National Enquirer. His grandmother Joni Richardson tells the publication, "Tyler wanted to be with his mother. His father Lanny (Lambert, Plato's ex-husband) is devastated."
Plato starred as Kimberly Drummond in the hit 1980s TV sitcom, which catapulted her co-star Gary Coleman to fame.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs