Dana Plato's Son Commits Suicide
The son of late "Diff'rent Strokes" star Dana Plato has taken his own life in a tragic repeat of history after failing to come to terms with his mother's suicide almost 11 years to the day. Tyler Lambert, who had a history of substance abuse and depression, died last Friday, May 7 after embarking on a drugs binge before putting a shotgun in his mouth and pulling the trigger.
He had spiraled into a bout of depression as the anniversary of his mum's death loomed on the same weekend as Americans prepared to celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday, May 9, and detailed his heartache in a suicide note. Lambert lost his actress mum to a drug overdose almost 11 years to the day, on May 8, 1999.
Officials at the medical examiner's office in his hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma confirmed his death was a "Suicide by a gunshot to the head", reports the National Enquirer. His grandmother Joni Richardson tells the publication, "Tyler wanted to be with his mother. His father Lanny (Lambert, Plato's ex-husband) is devastated."
Plato starred as Kimberly Drummond in the hit 1980s TV sitcom, which catapulted her co-star Gary Coleman to fame.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia