Mary J. Blige Hits Palm Beach to Launch Her Perfume
Mary J. Blige has become the latest celebrity perfumer after unveiling her own fragrance at a fashion conference in Florida. The "No More Drama" hitmaker recently announced she was teaming up with U.S. brand Carol's Daughter to create a scent titled My Life.
She said, "It is the epitome of a confident woman. It doesn't scream out for attention - it's feminine but strong, powerful yet humble. It is... my life." Blige launched the product at the Women's Wear Daily Beauty CEO Summit in Palm Beach on Tuesday, May 11 and admitted the perfume had been months in the making - because she refused to settle for a less-than-perfect product.
She told the audience, "Creating my fragrance was very empowering. To put my name behind something I created means everything." Explaining the perfume delay, she added, "I'd rather have my good name than your money."
My Life, a floral blend with ingredients including gardenia, freesia, pear, jasmine and lily, will be sold exclusively on online shopping network HSN.com for $46, with $1 from every sale being donated to Blige's female empowerment organisation, the Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN).
Blige joins the likes of Sarah Jessica Parker, Beyonce Knowles, Halle Berry and Britney Spears, who are each enjoying the sweet smell of success with their own signature scents.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage