Mary J. Blige Hits Palm Beach to Launch Her Perfume
Mary J. Blige has become the latest celebrity perfumer after unveiling her own fragrance at a fashion conference in Florida. The "No More Drama" hitmaker recently announced she was teaming up with U.S. brand Carol's Daughter to create a scent titled My Life.
She said, "It is the epitome of a confident woman. It doesn't scream out for attention - it's feminine but strong, powerful yet humble. It is... my life." Blige launched the product at the Women's Wear Daily Beauty CEO Summit in Palm Beach on Tuesday, May 11 and admitted the perfume had been months in the making - because she refused to settle for a less-than-perfect product.
She told the audience, "Creating my fragrance was very empowering. To put my name behind something I created means everything." Explaining the perfume delay, she added, "I'd rather have my good name than your money."
My Life, a floral blend with ingredients including gardenia, freesia, pear, jasmine and lily, will be sold exclusively on online shopping network HSN.com for $46, with $1 from every sale being donated to Blige's female empowerment organisation, the Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN).
Blige joins the likes of Sarah Jessica Parker, Beyonce Knowles, Halle Berry and Britney Spears, who are each enjoying the sweet smell of success with their own signature scents.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival