Lil Wayne to Be Charged With Infraction After 'Contraband' Discovery
Lil Wayne's love of music has landed him trouble behind bars - guards have reportedly discovered "contraband" including iPod earphones and a charger in his cell. The hip-hop star began serving a year-long sentence at New York's Rikers Island prison in March after pleading guilty to gun possession charges.
Wayne has been hit by four separate lawsuits since he was locked up - all stemming from allegations the Lollipop hitmaker owes royalties to several producers. And the rapper is in hot water once again after a search of his cell found that he was hiding banned music equipment, according to the New York Daily News.
A source tells the publication, "He was found in possession of a charger for an iPod or an MP3 player and unauthorized earphones." According to the insider, the star will be charged with an infraction.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris