'Spartacus: Blood and Sand' Gets Six-Episode Prequel
John Hannah and Lucy Lawless have been brought back from the dead for a prequel to hit U.S. cable series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand". The TV couple were slaughtered in the bloody finale to the ancient Roman drama, which aired last month, but they'll revive their scheming characters Batiatus and Lucretia in a six-episode prequel.
The project comes as the show's slave star Andy Whitfield battles cancer - the actor, who played the title character, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma earlier this year.
The action drama fantasy was initially scheduled to kick off production in March in New Zealand. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Andy," Starz president Chris Albrecht said back then. "His health, of course, is our primary concern. He has our complete support during this difficult time."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion