'Spartacus: Blood and Sand' Gets Six-Episode Prequel
John Hannah and Lucy Lawless have been brought back from the dead for a prequel to hit U.S. cable series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand". The TV couple were slaughtered in the bloody finale to the ancient Roman drama, which aired last month, but they'll revive their scheming characters Batiatus and Lucretia in a six-episode prequel.
The project comes as the show's slave star Andy Whitfield battles cancer - the actor, who played the title character, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma earlier this year.
The action drama fantasy was initially scheduled to kick off production in March in New Zealand. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Andy," Starz president Chris Albrecht said back then. "His health, of course, is our primary concern. He has our complete support during this difficult time."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie