Katy Perry's New Album Title Slammed by Duo
Baltimore, Maryland-based duo Beach House have taken aim at Katy Perry over the title of her new album. Beach House released "Teen Dream" in January and they fear Perry's summer album, "Teenage Dream", will confuse music fans.
Singer Victoria LeGrand took to Twitter.com on Monday, May 10 to let fans know she was upset about Perry's album title plans. She wrote, "Can't believe this... and not in a good way, guess we have to write a song called 'i kiss a girl' (sic)."
The duo then took to the wikipedia.com page dedicated to Perry's forthcoming release, and posted, "Mrs. Perry's album title may or may not be ripping off the brilliant indie duo Beach House and their critically acclaimed record 'Teen Dream'. It will be a challenge for her to achieve the same aural masterpiece."
Spinner.com reports the comments have since been deleted.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip