Katy Perry's New Album Title Slammed by Duo
Baltimore, Maryland-based duo Beach House have taken aim at Katy Perry over the title of her new album. Beach House released "Teen Dream" in January and they fear Perry's summer album, "Teenage Dream", will confuse music fans.
Singer Victoria LeGrand took to Twitter.com on Monday, May 10 to let fans know she was upset about Perry's album title plans. She wrote, "Can't believe this... and not in a good way, guess we have to write a song called 'i kiss a girl' (sic)."
The duo then took to the wikipedia.com page dedicated to Perry's forthcoming release, and posted, "Mrs. Perry's album title may or may not be ripping off the brilliant indie duo Beach House and their critically acclaimed record 'Teen Dream'. It will be a challenge for her to achieve the same aural masterpiece."
Spinner.com reports the comments have since been deleted.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'