Katy Perry's New Album Title Slammed by Duo
Baltimore, Maryland-based duo Beach House have taken aim at Katy Perry over the title of her new album. Beach House released "Teen Dream" in January and they fear Perry's summer album, "Teenage Dream", will confuse music fans.
Singer Victoria LeGrand took to Twitter.com on Monday, May 10 to let fans know she was upset about Perry's album title plans. She wrote, "Can't believe this... and not in a good way, guess we have to write a song called 'i kiss a girl' (sic)."
The duo then took to the wikipedia.com page dedicated to Perry's forthcoming release, and posted, "Mrs. Perry's album title may or may not be ripping off the brilliant indie duo Beach House and their critically acclaimed record 'Teen Dream'. It will be a challenge for her to achieve the same aural masterpiece."
Spinner.com reports the comments have since been deleted.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer