Mickey Rourke Vows Not to Cheat on Girlfriend Anastasia Makarenko
Mickey Rourke is determined to remain faithful to his girlfriend, insisting he couldn't live with himself if he cheated. The "Wrestler" star has been dating Russian model Anastasia Makarenko since meeting her at a magazine photoshoot last year and claims it's his most serious relationship in years.
And Rourke has vowed not to ruin their romance by returning to his womanizing ways - because he's learning to be accountable for his actions. He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "I haven't f**ked around on her. I haven't been that way in 23 years so this is new for me and it's not easy. Sure, I could do something on the side but I've got to live with myself. That's something new for me - being honest in a relationship."
"There is still that part of me where I didn't care about repercussions or being responsible but when it was really dark and there was no daylight, the only person I could blame for my downfall was myself." But Rourke has no plans to make their union official - admitting he hasn't even considered proposing.
He adds, "I haven't asked her (to wed)! I haven't thought about it yet. I've only had two girlfriends in my life. There was stuff in the paper about me being engaged but it's just embarrassing for Anna because she is very low-key. People that you think are friends can be cruel, and I don't have the best reputation in the world, so it's very easy for people to say s**t."
More Mickey Rourke News
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom