Anna Nicole Smith's Possessions Will Be Sold by Former Boyfriend
Anna Nicole Smith's former boyfriend Larry Birkhead is selling off the late model's possessions to raise money to secure their daughter Dannielynn's future. Before she died in 2007, Smith launched a legal battle to secure more than $300 millio from the estate of her late husband, oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall.
The wrangling continued after her death with the promise of providing a massive trust fund for three-year-old Dannielynn, but a Texas court threw out the claim in March and a subsequent appeal was rejected. Birkhead has now resorted to selling off his late lover's memorabilia to fund the tot's private education.
He tells Reuters, "It's like, do I want to hold on to one of Anna's dresses, or do I want to try to help Dannielynn's future? Dannielynn has different needs than other kids. She has to have security because we have a lot of curious people and it creates a bit of a problem. And now that she's starting school, she'll need to go to a private school. I think Anna would appreciate that these items are going to help Dannielynn thrive and flourish and continue being the great kid that she is. We have money. We have more than enough to survive on. (Auction proceeds) would just supplement that."
The sale, held by Julien's Auctions, will take place on June 26 in Las Vegas and will include Smith's Mercedes sportscar, bronze statues and furniture, as well as gowns and paintings. A slice of the proceeds from the auction will also go to the late model's charity, the Anna Nicole and Daniel Wayne Smith Foundation, and a dress which Smith wore in an advert for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) will raise money for the animal rights organization.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?