Anne Hathaway's Boyfriend Adam Shulman Ordered to Return Street Mural
A New York contractor has threatened to file criminal charges against Anne Hathaway's boyfriend Adam Shulman unless the actor returns a street mural he walked off with at the weekend. Shulman and an unidentified male friend were caught detaching the large graffiti piece, by street artist Mr. Brainwash, from a construction site barrier in Manhattan's trendy Meatpacking District.
The pair then carted the makeshift wooden canvas, which features a man bearing similarity to Alfred Hitchcock holding a Happy Mother's Day sign, off to a nearby apartment building - just in time for the holiday, which was celebrated in America on Sunday, May 9.
H&H Builders president Ken Hart, who is working on the site, considers the mural to be his property, and he has threatened to report Shulman to the police if the artwork is not returned. Hart tells the New York Post, "If he brings me back the art, it's over. But if he doesn't, I'm going to the police to report it stolen!"
Spokespersons for Shulman and Hathaway had not returned requests for comment as WENN went to press.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'