Bobby Womack Passed Out in Studio
British rocker Damon Albarn was caught up in a medical emergency during the recording of the Gorillaz's latest album - soul legend Bobby Womack passed out in the studio. The Blur frontman enlisted the veteran singer-songwriter's help with the band's third record "Plastic Beach", which was released in March.
But he was unaware Womack suffers from diabetes - and was stunned when the "Lookin' for a Love" hitmaker fainted in front of him. Albarn says, "The sessions with Bobby were like nothing I've ever experienced. I told him to improvise. After 45 minutes of amazing singing, he passed out."
"I can't tell you how worrying it is to see Bobby Womack lose consciousness on your watch. It turned out that he's a diabetic," he explained more.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'