Bobby Womack Passed Out in Studio
British rocker Damon Albarn was caught up in a medical emergency during the recording of the Gorillaz's latest album - soul legend Bobby Womack passed out in the studio. The Blur frontman enlisted the veteran singer-songwriter's help with the band's third record "Plastic Beach", which was released in March.
But he was unaware Womack suffers from diabetes - and was stunned when the "Lookin' for a Love" hitmaker fainted in front of him. Albarn says, "The sessions with Bobby were like nothing I've ever experienced. I told him to improvise. After 45 minutes of amazing singing, he passed out."
"I can't tell you how worrying it is to see Bobby Womack lose consciousness on your watch. It turned out that he's a diabetic," he explained more.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!