Bobby Womack Passed Out in Studio
British rocker Damon Albarn was caught up in a medical emergency during the recording of the Gorillaz's latest album - soul legend Bobby Womack passed out in the studio. The Blur frontman enlisted the veteran singer-songwriter's help with the band's third record "Plastic Beach", which was released in March.
But he was unaware Womack suffers from diabetes - and was stunned when the "Lookin' for a Love" hitmaker fainted in front of him. Albarn says, "The sessions with Bobby were like nothing I've ever experienced. I told him to improvise. After 45 minutes of amazing singing, he passed out."
"I can't tell you how worrying it is to see Bobby Womack lose consciousness on your watch. It turned out that he's a diabetic," he explained more.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna