Bobby Womack Passed Out in Studio
British rocker Damon Albarn was caught up in a medical emergency during the recording of the Gorillaz's latest album - soul legend Bobby Womack passed out in the studio. The Blur frontman enlisted the veteran singer-songwriter's help with the band's third record "Plastic Beach", which was released in March.
But he was unaware Womack suffers from diabetes - and was stunned when the "Lookin' for a Love" hitmaker fainted in front of him. Albarn says, "The sessions with Bobby were like nothing I've ever experienced. I told him to improvise. After 45 minutes of amazing singing, he passed out."
"I can't tell you how worrying it is to see Bobby Womack lose consciousness on your watch. It turned out that he's a diabetic," he explained more.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident