Bobby Womack Passed Out in Studio
British rocker Damon Albarn was caught up in a medical emergency during the recording of the Gorillaz's latest album - soul legend Bobby Womack passed out in the studio. The Blur frontman enlisted the veteran singer-songwriter's help with the band's third record "Plastic Beach", which was released in March.
But he was unaware Womack suffers from diabetes - and was stunned when the "Lookin' for a Love" hitmaker fainted in front of him. Albarn says, "The sessions with Bobby were like nothing I've ever experienced. I told him to improvise. After 45 minutes of amazing singing, he passed out."
"I can't tell you how worrying it is to see Bobby Womack lose consciousness on your watch. It turned out that he's a diabetic," he explained more.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip