Lady GaGa Refuses to Take Time Off, Would Rather Die on Stage
Lady GaGa halted a concert in Sweden on Friday, May 7 to assure fans she has no plans to take time off despite feeling exhausted, telling the crowd: "I'll sleep when I'm dead". The "Poker Face" star was performing in Stockholm when she became emotional upon hearing the crowd singing along to her track "Speechless", and she promptly stopped playing to speak candidly about her exhaustion.
She told her fans, "You sound so good singing those lyrics! You know when people say, 'Lady GaGa's really tired, she needs to take a break,' I just think about all those times I sang in bars when nobody was singing my lyrics. I'll sleep when I'm dead, OK?... I'd never give it all up!"
She later admitted her hectic schedule is wearing her down, adding, "I know that I work really hard and I run myself into the ground, and I also know that alcohol will kill me one day, but I would rather not die on vacation."
GaGa sparked fears for her health in March after she passed out on stage in New Zealand. She later put her collapse down to exhaustion and jet lag. And on Monday she announced plans to extend her Monster Ball trek into next yea, confirming new dates in North American cities including Las Vegas, New Orleans, Louisiana and Miami, Florida.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris