Lady GaGa Refuses to Take Time Off, Would Rather Die on Stage
Lady GaGa halted a concert in Sweden on Friday, May 7 to assure fans she has no plans to take time off despite feeling exhausted, telling the crowd: "I'll sleep when I'm dead". The "Poker Face" star was performing in Stockholm when she became emotional upon hearing the crowd singing along to her track "Speechless", and she promptly stopped playing to speak candidly about her exhaustion.
She told her fans, "You sound so good singing those lyrics! You know when people say, 'Lady GaGa's really tired, she needs to take a break,' I just think about all those times I sang in bars when nobody was singing my lyrics. I'll sleep when I'm dead, OK?... I'd never give it all up!"
She later admitted her hectic schedule is wearing her down, adding, "I know that I work really hard and I run myself into the ground, and I also know that alcohol will kill me one day, but I would rather not die on vacation."
GaGa sparked fears for her health in March after she passed out on stage in New Zealand. She later put her collapse down to exhaustion and jet lag. And on Monday she announced plans to extend her Monster Ball trek into next yea, confirming new dates in North American cities including Las Vegas, New Orleans, Louisiana and Miami, Florida.
More Lady GaGa News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal