Lady GaGa Refuses to Take Time Off, Would Rather Die on Stage
Lady GaGa halted a concert in Sweden on Friday, May 7 to assure fans she has no plans to take time off despite feeling exhausted, telling the crowd: "I'll sleep when I'm dead". The "Poker Face" star was performing in Stockholm when she became emotional upon hearing the crowd singing along to her track "Speechless", and she promptly stopped playing to speak candidly about her exhaustion.
She told her fans, "You sound so good singing those lyrics! You know when people say, 'Lady GaGa's really tired, she needs to take a break,' I just think about all those times I sang in bars when nobody was singing my lyrics. I'll sleep when I'm dead, OK?... I'd never give it all up!"
She later admitted her hectic schedule is wearing her down, adding, "I know that I work really hard and I run myself into the ground, and I also know that alcohol will kill me one day, but I would rather not die on vacation."
GaGa sparked fears for her health in March after she passed out on stage in New Zealand. She later put her collapse down to exhaustion and jet lag. And on Monday she announced plans to extend her Monster Ball trek into next yea, confirming new dates in North American cities including Las Vegas, New Orleans, Louisiana and Miami, Florida.
More Lady GaGa News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip