Liam Gallagher Moves Forward With Beatles Biopic
Liam Gallagher has confirmed he's planning to turn Richard DiLello's book about the last days of The Beatles into a new movie. Recent reports suggested the Oasis frontman would announce the project, based on DiLello's The Longest Cocktail Party, at the Cannes Film Festival in France later this week - but it seems he isn't waiting.
A statement reads, "This will be a film with humor and affection providing an insider's look at what is meant to be a young man caught up in the wild swirl of the music business, celebrities and the tail end of the swinging Sixties' in London."
DiLello witnessed the demise of the Beatles as an employee at Apple Corps. Gallagher, a huge fan of the book, is expected to produce the film.
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016