Robert De Niro Joins Jason Statham in 'Killer Elite'
Robert De Niro has added to the star power of a new Australian action thriller, joining Brits Jason Statham and Clive Owen and Lachy Hulme in "The Killer Elite". Dominic Purcell and actress Yvonne Strahovski have also joined the cast of Garry McKendry's film, which has just started shooting in Australia, according to Moviehole.net.
In the movie, a retired Navy Seal (Statham) is blackmailed to kill a special forces operative after his mentor and friend, played by De Niro, is captured by an Arab sheik. Produced by Inferno Entertainment, the action thriller is expected to be premiere next year in the U.S.
The Killer Elite is actually based on a novel titled "The Feather Men" by Ranulph Fiennes, which was first published in 1991.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'