Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Organize Star-Studded Charity Concert
Country music power couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are calling on their celebrity pals to join a star-studded fundraiser concert for victims of the Tennessee floods. The couple was devastated after state capital Nashville was hit by severe storms earlier this month, leaving almost two dozen people dead and flooding the fabled Grand Ole Opry concert venue.
McGraw and Hill have so far lined up performers including Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Brooks & Dunn, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride and LeAnn Rimes to help raise money for "Nashville Rising: A Benefit Concert For Flood Recovery", to be held at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena on June 22.
"Nashville Rising" will benefit the Community Foundation, which provides philanthropic services in Middle Tennessee. A statement from the couple reads: "The damage that we've seen to people's homes and the effect that the flooding has had on their lives is unimaginable. But we've seen the spirit of our community firsthand, as volunteers, church groups and our local business leaders rally to help."
"We all need to continue to support those in need in any way that we can, and for that reason we could not be more appreciative to all of the artists, the companies and the people behind the scenes who collectively will make June 22 a truly special night."
It is not the first time stars have gathered to raise money for flood victims. A celebrity TV telethon last Thursday, May 6 raised $1.7 million for relief efforts.
More Tim McGraw News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed