DMX's Request to Join 'Celebrity Rehab' Denied
Incarcerated rapper DMX has had his request to seek treatment for drug addiction with reality TV doctor Drew Pinsky denied by an Arizona judge - because he's making good progress kicking the habit behind bars.
The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, was sentenced to six months in prison after pleading guilty to five separate claims of probation violation by using illegal substances following his arrest in Phoenix, Arizona in March. He was offered a way out of jail when a representative for the Pasadena Recovery Center in California, where Pinsky works, formally appealed to the presiding judge at Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona to release DMX into their care for treatment.
His recovery would have been filmed as part of Pinsky's reality show "Celebrity Rehab" with Dr. Drew, in which the medic attempts to help stars kick their drug and alcohol addictions. The judge was reportedly "open" to the idea but, in a progress hearing last week, decided against the move after seeing how well the embattled star was doing in the court-appointed rehabilitation programme.
DMX will complete the rehab stint in July, reports TMZ.com. The rapper spent time in jail last year on charges of drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008. He was sentenced to 18 months probation after his release in May for verbally threatening a guard during his stint in prison.
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?