DMX's Request to Join 'Celebrity Rehab' Denied
Incarcerated rapper DMX has had his request to seek treatment for drug addiction with reality TV doctor Drew Pinsky denied by an Arizona judge - because he's making good progress kicking the habit behind bars.
The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, was sentenced to six months in prison after pleading guilty to five separate claims of probation violation by using illegal substances following his arrest in Phoenix, Arizona in March. He was offered a way out of jail when a representative for the Pasadena Recovery Center in California, where Pinsky works, formally appealed to the presiding judge at Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona to release DMX into their care for treatment.
His recovery would have been filmed as part of Pinsky's reality show "Celebrity Rehab" with Dr. Drew, in which the medic attempts to help stars kick their drug and alcohol addictions. The judge was reportedly "open" to the idea but, in a progress hearing last week, decided against the move after seeing how well the embattled star was doing in the court-appointed rehabilitation programme.
DMX will complete the rehab stint in July, reports TMZ.com. The rapper spent time in jail last year on charges of drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008. He was sentenced to 18 months probation after his release in May for verbally threatening a guard during his stint in prison.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris