DMX's Request to Join 'Celebrity Rehab' Denied
Incarcerated rapper DMX has had his request to seek treatment for drug addiction with reality TV doctor Drew Pinsky denied by an Arizona judge - because he's making good progress kicking the habit behind bars.
The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, was sentenced to six months in prison after pleading guilty to five separate claims of probation violation by using illegal substances following his arrest in Phoenix, Arizona in March. He was offered a way out of jail when a representative for the Pasadena Recovery Center in California, where Pinsky works, formally appealed to the presiding judge at Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona to release DMX into their care for treatment.
His recovery would have been filmed as part of Pinsky's reality show "Celebrity Rehab" with Dr. Drew, in which the medic attempts to help stars kick their drug and alcohol addictions. The judge was reportedly "open" to the idea but, in a progress hearing last week, decided against the move after seeing how well the embattled star was doing in the court-appointed rehabilitation programme.
DMX will complete the rehab stint in July, reports TMZ.com. The rapper spent time in jail last year on charges of drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008. He was sentenced to 18 months probation after his release in May for verbally threatening a guard during his stint in prison.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video